My New Baby 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OUCH !. Ya I know. Had to wait for Lumen Brights and 3 SE 20k bulbs ( back order ) at secret squirrel price. Had the 3 400watt HQI ballast for over two months :shock:.

Aren't those up-side-down?
And what is MDF?
Should I guess? :badgrin:
No there not up-side-down LOL :p. Your looking at the back of the hood.
MDF: Medium-density fibreboard.

Vicki

where are the actinics going?
On the underside of were the Lumen brights are. We left enough room on the underside at the front and back to mount them with out blocking light.
This is how i'm going to raise and lower the hood.

Be careful....Rick would build a whole TANK using a router if he could figure out how!
Looking good secret squirrel :)

Moose says Hi!

so how much risk do you think involved in drilling a 180... would you ever do it again??

if the answer is yes wanna do mine lmao..... i also have 3 125's that could use a few holes lol...

hey tracy. looking good. im talkin about the tank. hehehe. give me a call. i want to come over and check it out. chad

so how much risk do you think involved in drilling a 180... would you ever do it again??

if the answer is yes wanna do mine lmao..... i also have 3 125's that could use a few holes lol...
Yes i was cra%#@# my pants. I did find that it took way less time if you drilled a pilot hole first ( thats if your bit has one ).
Yes I would drill again :shock:. I tryed to drill a 20gal and, well should I say it didn't work ( to thin of glass ) :mad:.
DRILL AT YOUR OWN RISK ;) ;)

hey tracy. looking good. im talkin about the tank. hehehe. give me a call. i want to come over and check it out. chad
Chad sounds good. I know I keep saying that but i'm all over the place if you know what I mean :rolleyes:.

Here is some more. Coming along :D

$ 30.00 paint for $5.00. HD miss match gray. Had them add black.

ADD VHO. Mount with plumbing supports LOL.

Looking good there!! I'd add some running rails in the front of your canapy as well to rest on the tank. This will make things a little more secure; just my 2 cents... :)

Very nice canopy! I like how the exterior of the pendants is separated/protected from the tank by recessing them into a sheet of MDF.

Back