My New Baby 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think its the reflection of the reflectors. The lumenarc is not that old and still has its shinier-est-ness to it. The reflector looks much more differenter lol.

Girl you so funny. LMAO. Thats a good one :lol: :lol: :lol:.
PS the dogs have a problem also. " THERE GETTING BIGGER "

The tank looks so awsome. I'm very jelous of that tank!! :D You've done an awsome job, maybe some day I'll have to pop over.

How could those mooses get bigger? They could eat my puppy as is!!

Man-O-Man do I fill like a DUMAS :oops::oops:. I found that the socket on the middle reflector was not adjusted far enough out so that the bright spot on the bulb was in the middle of the reflector :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. They look most better now :D :D

Thank you so much Tracy for the sps corals the other day! :) It's nice to have someone like yourself be so genourous sharing freely with your gorgoues frags! I really appreciate the fact that you did that! I alway give my frags away for free, and its nice to get something back for a change!!!

Sorry, I had a recent incident that made me a little bitter! I give lots of sps frags away for free to friends, and when I want to get something back in return get charged for it!?? Whats up with that!:doubt:

Anyway, My stuff is your stuff! Help yourself to my corals anytime!

Really, Really appriciate it!:)

Thank you so much Tracy for the sps corals the other day! :) It's nice to have someone like yourself be so genourous sharing freely with your gorgoues frags! I really appreciate the fact that you did that! I alway give my frags away for free, and its nice to get something back for a change!!!

Sorry, I had a recent incident that made me a little bitter! I give lots of sps frags away for free to friends, and when I want to get something back in return get charged for it!?? Whats up with that!:doubt:

Anyway, My stuff is your stuff! Help yourself to my corals anytime!

Really, Really appriciate it!:)

I'm honored pal. I had just as much fun as you guys did. Its not to often you can go up to someones tank and say. Can I get some of that, ooh how about some of that, what about some of that etc,etc,etc. When there eyes light up because you give them about 10 corals from Oregon tort to safecracker zoas and mini colonys. Now thats PRICELESS. Would have gave you more but the TOP SECRET corals are not ready yet ;).
Its like a kid in a candy box.
"Its not all about the money". Ya the money is nice we all like that. A good friend off RF confirmed what I always thought. In good time it will all come back to ya. I met him for the first time and he HOOKED me up. He GAVE me Live rock,corals etc and said no charge. I thought I was on that show PUNKED. This can't be real. I left his house with a smile from ear-to-ear.
That was PRICELESS.
If I said come over and I will SELL you some , thats what I would have done.

PS you didnt think I was going to charge you did you :eek:
Its all good thats what Reefers do for Reefers. Talk to ya soon, Best of luck on your new system. Chow

I knew you were not going to charge me! But It was great what you did for me! And yes, that feeling of walking away with many peices is a great feeling! Isn't that the way it should be all the time! Anyway, thanx again!

I'm not knocking the people that need some money either! But, it sure is nice to get free stuff here and there!

Again, thank you! Really! You will never be asked to pay anything again with my systems! Lets get that party started now! By the way your corals love there new home! I hope they grow just as fast as yours have.

Talk to you soon!

Eric

Amen Brother I'd rather trade with buddies, Thats where all the really good stuff of mine has come from anyway. Ya Tracy Thanks for hooking me up too. I agree with Eric its too bad that some guys want to charge for everything even though I've hooked them up for years with my stuff. Sometimes the only thing thats Free are the Red Bugs.

I hear ya. You guys forgot your puple haze. I have them good size chuncks you were looking at. Complements of mike ( Herefishyfishy). Thing is growing like mad. He gave it to me after we got high on coffee, so I will pass it on. I have a few 1 and 2" corals laying in the sand that need a home I will bring them also.
I need to come by and get a tube of glue and check on them baby Banggai cardinals.
Should I bring the small cooler or the big one LOL.
I found a new way to snap corals. REMEMBER :shock:

Last edited:
C'mon over

Tracy, I'd bring both coolers and a big screw driver. :) Hey can you also bring me an interceptor pill. I'm going to do my second Red Bug treatment today and I want to make sure that I have enough to kill all of these guys. You know that some of those Red Bugs are pretty tuff. Here is a picture from before the treatment began two weeks ago. I'm not sure but the bug pictured might be from that hard to kill "Sammamish Strain". You know that they have been kept for at least five years in a loving environment, guarded and coveted by their owner. They are obviously getting bigger and stronger with each captive breed generation!:shock: Maybe you should bring me two pills, and maybe a spear gun???

I also ran my first treatment. After years of buying coral frags, got the gamut. Never saw them until looking through a HUGE magnifying glass and there they were, plain as day. Sheesh!

A few survived the first treatment but the corals are doing better than before. Lost a few shrimp, wiped out the pod collection and a it killed couple mandarins. But all in all, not too bad. Next treatment in a month after setting up the 72 as a temp home for the rest of the shrimp, some crabs, all my plants with pods, and the mandarin.

Will trade frags for banggais!

Mike:

I moved all of my acro craps and hermits to my 75g system and cleared out ALL of the sps. I had heard somewhere that without sps corals to host them that the Red Bugs just die out. Has anyone heard or read the same thing? I'm trying to decide when its safe to bring back the sps frags and colonies.

The Bengais are big now, Nickle Sized including their fins. I lost 3 to a predator which has now been identified and removed from the nano. I have been trying to coax Mom and Dad into Spawning again. (Exotic Foods) "That worked with my wife." I'll have some for you with the next batch.

Paul

Here is a Picture: I'll post some more on the Baby Bengai Thread.

Last edited:
Tracy, I'd bring both coolers and a big screw driver. :) Hey can you also bring me an interceptor pill. I'm going to do my second Red Bug treatment today and I want to make sure that I have enough to kill all of these guys. You know that some of those Red Bugs are pretty tuff. Here is a picture from before the treatment began two weeks ago. I'm not sure but the bug pictured might be from that hard to kill "Sammamish Strain". You know that they have been kept for at least five years in a loving environment, guarded and coveted by their owner. They are obviously getting bigger and stronger with each captive breed generation!:shock: Maybe you should bring me two pills, and maybe a spear gun???

WOW,WOW,WOW. Thats a big bug :eek:. Is it ready to FRAG.
Paul I will see you today. Glad its you and not me pushing this RB thing. Last time I made a big mess :(.
We should change the subject so my thread don't take its course and get shut down :eek:. Its a touchy subject and people take it wrong and all hell brakes loose.
Lets try this " anyone want to meet for donuts". How are things going at home?. all is well?. Is the dow down?. Whats the weather going to do today?. Have you fed your animals today?. whats the price of potato's in mexico?. Do bears s#%* in the woods ? I know not polar bears.

Maybe you should bring me two pills, and maybe a spear gun

Come on now.... they're just crustaceans, right?
How about we just fill a big pot with salt water and have a crab feed :)

Seriously though, I truly enjoy reading about the "pay it forward" mentality of some on this board. Having lost a close friend who REALLY had that mindset, and was very softspoken about his own achievements in this hobby, I try to keep it in the forefront of how I play with this hobby. I was lucky to know him, and pray one day others will say the same about knowing me.

Tracy, you are the king of Karma in my book.
Now, to find a suitable crown...... ;)

Back