My New Metal Halides

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NaH2O said:
You'll probably need a 1/4 hp. I had the one Krish just bought, and I new it would be too small, but it was sufficient enough for the 1 or 2 degree cooling on my system. I used it all last summer, just to get me through to this year....upgrade coming soon :D.

Hey Nikki, does your chiller cycle on and off lots? I was thinking with the big hood & fans I wasn't going to need much of a chiller, maybe I do?:confused:

Hey Nikki, does your chiller cycle on and off lots? I was thinking with the big hood & fans I wasn't going to need much of a chiller, maybe I do?

Scooter...My chiller hardly comes on. I left all the fans connected in my canopy and it's basically only when the lights come on, that the chiller cycles every once and a while (probably for about 1 minute every 10-15 minutes I guess) I'll time it today. But once the lights are off, I don't ever remember hearing it cut on. I'll be home all day with the electrician, so I'll take a note of how much it cycles:)

Scooterman - it was just a touch too small for my tank. My canopy is very cool - no heat at all....there is just a lot of water to cool. It was fine for the 1 degree shifts, but I knew at the end of the summer, I was going to need an upgrade. It was coming on more often, in order to keep up with the large water volume. We keep our house at 74-76 F during the heat of the summer.

Back