My New Metal Halides

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I hear you guys with the not wanting to live in a sauna thing. He was trying to use the fan method to cool the tank, and I was just trying to help him make it work. I like my apartment to be low humidity, which is why all my tanks and sumps are well covered. But I'm useing T5 lighting and external pumps, so heating isnt a concern for me.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the awsome corals you will be collecting soon. I'm guessing your tank is going to go from empty to fully stocked with 100 species of coral in about a week once you get into water.

At least thats what I would do :D

ROFL Luke! Naw man...I'm not that bad!:p I am very picky and as you can see from my latest photos I don't add very much especially too quickly. I will only be getting what I can find already loose off of the reefs that I love because I'm really not into hacking anything. I'm not sure if there is anything morally wrong with fragging a small piece off of a large piece of coral on a reef, but I hope someone will tell me soon. I don't want to break any laws per say and also destroy any reefs, but if there is nothing wrong with cutting off a 2 inch piece of a 1ft coral then that would be cool...Maybe when Rob gets here and goes all crazy and stuff, I may get some good stuf:lol: In any event, he is bringing me some stuff when he comes so I should have some really nice stuff eventually:)

Matt, you should have quite a bit left over with all that rock unless you are gonna jam that tank tight!

Glad to know it is quiet, I need about the same one as you do!

Yeah Scooter it is too quiet! My fans are louder and the chiller doesn't run continuously. It will run for about 1-2 minutes and then shut off. I went home for the guys to deliver the generator and I thought the thing was broken because I didn't hear it:p

Yeah Scooter it is too quiet! My fans are louder and the chiller doesn't run continuously. It will run for about 1-2 minutes and then shut off. I went home for the guys to deliver the generator and I thought the thing was broken because I didn't hear it

LOL!!! :D well the less noice the better :) .

go gabby 4999 post right now bust the 5000 mark!!!! we will try to suprize you with some cake!!!!!! oops now its not a suprize:eek: go gabby go

Scooterman said:
Hey I just cracked 3,000 post, guess I'm a Slacker!!
it just mean's that you dont have 2000 post of

lmbo thats a good one lol sorry sprout I mean krish and, gabster

congrats on your tank you got comming scooter.

go gabby 4999 post right now bust the 5000 mark!!!! we will try to suprize you with some cake!!!!!! oops now its not a suprize go gabby go

CAKE !!! where's the cake... where's the cake ... me wants cake !!! :D, do i have to roll over? :lol: .
I finally made it to 5000 ... yuuhhuu !!! i'm still 1000 and something else away from Krish :p:D.
by the way i like your new Avatar Diablo dood :D .

Scooterman said:
Glad to know it is quiet, I need about the same one as you do!

You'll probably need a 1/4 hp. I had the one Krish just bought, and I new it would be too small, but it was sufficient enough for the 1 or 2 degree cooling on my system. I used it all last summer, just to get me through to this year....upgrade coming soon :D.

Back