my new tank!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luisse25

2-3 months ago i found a nice tank...a 100 gal cubish tank...was very happy,i set it up..did a bit of rockwork...bought new bulbs...and started cycling it:)
here it is.......

Attachments

• DSC04794.jpg
    DSC04794.jpg
    45.3 KB
but then after cycling it for 2-3 weeks,im like whats gonna happen if i put my corals in there then need to frag and when stuff falls need to fix....its like its 26" tall...im short i need to get a ladder to reach,,,and basically all my corals are just mainly zoas and LPS and needs to be fed....
i said to myself this is not gonna work for me unless i do sps then this tank will be very perfect as it has a lot of room for sps to grow(well guy i bought it from said he did sps)...
so i made a decision overnight....
I TOLD MY HUSBAND I NEED A SHALLOW TANK.......:D

was thinking bout getting the deep sea neo nano but too small for me..then i found matt's (bricky) shallow peninsula style tank...:pthanks bricky:)
went and bought it right away...i did a simple rockwork...not a lot of rocks as i wanna have an open space for the fish to swim...
i dont have to do anything as its plug and play...i just transfer the water from the cube tank...
heres the new tank...i really like it...right now im running t5's...6 geismann actinic plus 1 kz fiji purple and 1 ati pro color....its a bit too blue but im planning to put 1 250w halide later on once i start transferring corals...
the tank is 36"15"24..56 gal?
sump is about 20-25 gal..
for flow i have one 3/4 sea swirl...and will put tunze or one mp20
for skimmer i have ae tech etss rated for up to 180 gal..got it from a friend..

Last edited:
thanks akunochi:)cant wait for the frags we're gonna get next week:)
i put 1 snail and 1 hermit crab last week just to test if its ok to put live critters now...i have lots of pods and some sponge and small feather dusters so im really really anxious and excited...
water is a bit cloudy...

1 week later snail and hermit are fine so i went to barrier today and got a purple firefish and 2 clown gobies..they are so cute:p

Oh, I'm so glad to see my old tank in good hands. I really like the rock layout you went with too. I can't wait to see progression on this.

yup i will take care of your ex-tank;)i really like it...so easy to reach thank u...the rock work is really simple,took me like 30 mins to do it.....i have 2 big flat rocks in front to put clams and or acans..then zoas everywhere...lps on the sandbed i have so much space in the sandbed...yes im gonna put sand will do it next week...:)...

wow luisse! thats quite the lps collection! good luck with it, should be a great tank!

Tom

thanks tom....my tank is overcrowded now..frag rack everywhere...now my head is aching how im gonna fit everything...i thought about what im gonna do sooooo.....i bought a 24 gal aquapod:D
that way ill put stuff i dont want in the new tank:)
as for fish,the tangs are gonna go...my orange clown and black clownfish will go in the 24gal...its the reason why i bought a nano tank,my husband is attached to both crazy clowns...theyre not gonna be in the new tank they are too big plus they are not mated....
these clowns will be in the new tank soon..:p

Attachments

• DSC04976.jpg
    DSC04976.jpg
    29 KB
Back