My New Toy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LOL!! Take me where??? :lol: Remember the trouble I was having with those people getting that single part??? Well, I just got it yesterday after they said it would be here 2 weeks ago!

That's right I forgot your all show & no race:shock:!!

Man, I'd be slightly upset with that company, seems always something with buying stuff on-line. Hope it is what you wanted & the right part!:eek:

Hey Krish, it that 270 hp to the wheels? or at the crank?

IK think it is at the crank, but not positive :)

That's right I forgot your all show & no race!!

Man, I'd be slightly upset with that company, seems always something with buying stuff on-line. Hope it is what you wanted & the right part!

Yup!!! Got the right part so it could have been worse :cool:

It's very similar to the Turbo Eclipse and Talon's motor. It's the same turbo 4g63 motor, but stock, the Evo has a bit more "beefed" up internals, bigger turbo than the 16g the Eclipse comes with etc which is why the US is selling quite a few factory Evo I-III parts (imported from Japan) as upgrades to the factory Eclipse and Talon parts. I've seen my stock turbo manifold, turbo, 02 housing etc on a number of US websites as upgrades for the Eclipse and Talon, but in a nut shell they are basically the same motor. A lot of the stuff I buy for my car comes from the US under the Eclipse motor. Some things I have to get from Japan :)

Got ya, reason I ask is because alot of people around here do a really "simple" power mod to those cars. Grab and install a set of ARP head studs, a Cometic head gasket, and crank up the boost and most will see ~400awhp easily and reliably. Since your's has beefier internals, you'll be even more reliable as well.

Got ya, reason I ask is because alot of people around here do a really "simple" power mod to those cars. Grab and install a set of ARP head studs, a Cometic head gasket, and crank up the boost and most will see ~400awhp easily and reliably. Since your's has beefier internals, you'll be even more reliable as well.

Yeah...With the head gasket and studs and running a slightly higher octane gas than normal, I can crank up to 22 or so lbs safely. I know some though that have played around in the 28lb range! :eek:

Hey guys...I decided I'd show you all some of what I do for a living which is custom stereo installations. I started the my fiberglass speaker box last week and spent a total of 6 hours on it between dry time etc and I have the box finished. The wood you see around the box will be the support for the trim panel. The trim panel will butt up to that wood and all you will see of the sub box is the vinyl face. The trunk will be all grey and black with the face of the box and amp rack grey and the rest black. I hope to get to the rest of it next week to show you guys a finished product. If you look closely in the back, you can see the 2 Orion amps I will be using. I decided to use the older series amps for the chrome look as well as the matching grey end caps:)

Thanks! :D They are just the regular Orion "C" subs so they only handle 250w rms each. I have an Orion HP sub that handles 600w rms (under rated) but wanted to show customers what the regular "C"s can do. I ran them a bit this afternoon and it sounds really clean. Very accurate bass and not overwhelming :)

Sorta looks like the 15's I had way back in the day!
Need to hook me up, my truck needs some help! :)

looking nice krish. i have 2 12 inch rockford fosgates with a punch 150 amp...I cant tell what size of speakers those are??? Did you mount your amp to the back of your seat???? Thats what i did for mine..

Thanks Brady! The subs are 10 inch and the amps are mounted temporarily under my rear strut brace. I sunk the box today in my spare tire well *after using the cut off wheel to chop away a few prackets :D) and bolted it in so I will hopefully start on the new amp racks for their new location and trim panel work sometime next week :)

Keeping things factory is a sin :badgrin: I have Orion components in the front doors, Orion coaxials in the rear and the new JVC Arsenal player with the screen built into the face etc for a player and of course the 2 Orion amps and subs. Probably going to throw back in a capacitor as well :)

Back