My Petco Experience

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jaygalindo

Mariners Fanatic
e0cead95.jpg

So Petco on these reef forums has a bad rep reflecting the picture from above, which was a shipment sitting on the counter of the Tacoma Petco. This was the first thing I noticed and I said to my self, "Self, what a waste of time this is going to be." I am used to going in the Puyallup Petco where on most days the displays are full of micro bubbles fro a low sump, dead fish rotting away, and no customer service. I was very surprised that this was not the case at the Tacoma Petco. There tanks were well stocked and clean with no signs of micro bubbles. They had an awesome selection of fish and coral including 7 or 8 different ORA acropora's encrusting on ORA frag plugs. A huge Haddoni Carpet nem for under $50! I don't usually waste my types on reviews like this but the experience this morning just exceeded my expectations to the point that I had to share this with someone. So to the Tacoma Petco...2 Thumbs up on your Saltwater selection and thanks for my baby Blue Hippo, which by the way were almost 50% off at $24.99!

I can't believe I forgot the fish dudes name, but anyways I have had many a conversation with him. However those sps need much higher light as they are only running two t5 bulbs for every row of tanks. For the most part more care/effort goes into this section than any other petco I've ever been in, hands down.

Wow surprised the heck out of me!!! They must have revamped thier saltwater department because they yanked out all saltwater LS for a few years due to that particular branch having problems with high death rates and not finding the right employee with enough knowledge of saltwater products. I thought the Lakewood Petco was the safest place for SW LS when Brie use to work there now it has gone to crap.

Petco in Spokane on the South hill has nice saltwater stuff. Always a good selection of generally healthy fish, and decent looking tanks. They have one coral tank that is constantly getting restocked, but they don't know anything about their corals for the most part. I've gotten great deals from them a couple times do to misidentifying/mislabeling them.

A while back I saw a large echinophyllia labeled as a pagoda cup coral for 39.99, and then they offered me a 25% discount since it was mis-labeled.:eek: Unfortunately I had come for something specific, and didn't have the extra cash. Got a few good size zoa colonies super cheap too.

We just got a TR yellow tang and an ORA b&w clown at that petco. The guy theres name is Josh. There were two sickly lookig fish there but nothing like the other stores, or even several lfs's. Pleasantly surprised as well. They had a gorgeous looking elegance in there too. I saw that giant carpet! That thing was HUGE!

i've gone to that petco since they re-located. at first nothing special and now the new guy is trying his hardest to keep it all alive and well. Jayson, i almost got that tang myself but then thought better of it, my tank is tooooooo small :(

Really? I remember being in there a little more than a year ago and not noticing any saltwater things. Thats surprising...I will have to go check that out

off subject but anybody hear the rumor that petco is having another $1 a gallon sale this weekend????

Back