my wall of water

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thanks... now i'm just hoping it makes it through the night, as posting pictures has to be the ultimate jinx... that and if it does, that it keeps acting like a squammy as far as the lights are concerned.. :)

Well, we both made it through the night, so major worries that it would be completely scavenged by who knows what when no one was looking are assuaged. So, now its just down to making sure its happy where it is, and keeping params in check. After the experience with the first I was extra wary this time... I get there's no guaranteed success, but it seems at least I know now that I'm starting with healthy and what happens from here out is all on me.

Have a BRS order sitting in my cart, free shipping level met. If anyone local would like to tack on, hit me with a PM. I'll probably pull the trigger on it sometime tomorrow....pick up would be somewhere in or around Tukwila.

order placed. Can't wait to change out some bulbs, LOL

Thanks Devon, I'm pretty happy with the clam, seems to be doing OK with the lighting (t5) and conditions so far. Hopefully going the hybrid route will let that continue.

i only change one bulb a week... its a little fast i think, but has generally been working for me..

‎Nothing all that interesting, but some progression pics. Crappy cell phone stuff, dragging out the real camera doesn't happen often, but the cell pics let me keep an eye on whats actually going on in the tanks.

This is August ‎2013 - Current.. Moved the leathers to the 60 and did some rescaping...

1_zps93c8b5be.jpg

2_zpsac8bc616.jpg

3_zpsf5c10fa7.jpg

4_zps37f149c0.jpg

5_zps10134b47.jpg

6_zpsa07c801e.jpg

Lost the clam. Don't have any idea why, happy one day, gone the next. The part that really sucks is not having learned anything. Could be it needed more than the tank could support, could be that the hybrids have problems, could it was never right after shipping.. could be it was too small to do well..
Ordered up 2 wp-25's with the dual controller for the 75, going to see if I can get a bit more random with that. Ordered one for the nem tank also. The wp40 from the 75 is moving to the 60 where I'd like to have more of a wave rather than just the standard flow.
Swapped bulbs on both the 60 and the 75, went much more blue.. and much happier with it. Decided to do them all and adjust photo period. Knocked an hour off each side of that and I'll be ramping my times back up over the next couple weeks.

One of the nem tank, because I kind of like how it turned out. Fighting some cyano, so, that part just has to be ignored. LOL
Nem_zps26455de0.png

Back