my wall of water

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not sure whats up with the pictures this weekend, but I seem to be taking a bunch.
Looks like my mandarin has found a new hunting ground..
1_zps96d1600d.jpg

2_zpsa5f85df5.jpg

3_zps49cf8e96.jpg

and a little hide and seek..

4_zps3ad36101.jpg

Little bit of inspiration in moving things around a bit, the light change, and getting a little closer to what I'd like with the tanks.. It'll pass. LOL

I keep rolling back to the picture of the display refugium.

I've been tempted to try one, but everytime I get a box of water going, I keep putting corals and fish in it. lol

I keep rolling back to the picture of the display refugium.

I've been tempted to try one, but everytime I get a box of water going, I keep putting corals and fish in it. lol

Now would be the time to do it Marty, while you have room in the new tank.. Give the fuge sometime to mature/you won't be as tempted while you use up all that extra space you have right now..
You know that blue spot jawfish you saw at OBD though? I've been fighting (really hard) giving one a home in there. :) Once it has a chance to establish some more, I may consider it though.. but I figure that is at least a year down the road.

Everything looks so nice! Do you have a build thread? I want to see what equipment you are running. :)

Thank you... no build thread, there wouldn't be much to list. the 75 has a couple reactors, brs dosers for two part, a Reef Octopus NWB150 for the skimmer, mag 7 for return, and the display fuge is fed off a maxi jet. 6 bulb T5 with a 48' blue stunner for color.. the nem tank and the 60 run over sized canisters for GFO/Carbon, no skimmer on the nem tank, some crappy used HOB on the 60, pulls some gunk, but not much.. Nem tank runs a cheap chinese led, the 60n has a 4 bulb T5
There isn't much to the tanks..
If there was something you specifically cared about and I missed, let me know. I really do try to keep them simple..

I was curious about your lights. I think I got the same frag pack from Duane as you did. Your SPS seem to be growing very nicely!

I did get an awesome frag pack from Duane.
I will honestly tell you that the best thing I ever did for that tank was the wp40. Flow just made everything so much happier.
I am also dosing acro power. I didn't mention that above... but it seems to have much more an effect on my LPS...

I have to agree with you on the flow. I always freak out when I add a new power head because the corals look like they are about to be blown away. but after a while they get use to the stronger flow and love it. I always struggle with coral placement when it comes to direct or indirect flow.. it seems like everywhere is direct flow...

i just replaced my wp40 with 2 wp25's on the dual controller.. water lipped up over the edge.. figured i HAD to turn them down little.

Back