NaH2O's Fabulous 120

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Aww......sorry to hear about the jawfish Nikki.

:(

Nick

Sryder - it hasn't been down. I just really needed a big change with it, and wanted to do something totally different.

Yes, I'm still working on getting pictures posted!!! :p

I had a bluespotted jawfish. I never saw it in my tank. Made this awesome top with eggcrate where every bit of the top was covered. Only opening that was there was where the skimmer was and I was carefull to use zipties to make that as small as possible. I bought mine home at night, I dripped him, placed him in the tank. Turned off the lights....never, ever saw him again! Found him a couple days later behind my tank. He must have made a perfect jump up through the egg crate hole as he was on the complete opposite side of the skimmer!

In my new tank, I bought a pearly jawfish. Again, never saw him. Was doing some work in my sump last night and saw something swimming in the back of the refuge and there he was the pearly! He must have jumped into overflo and took a ride. Sadly, I have the dumbest installed system and I will never, ever be able to get that fish out of there, nor will I be able to see the fish! I have a couple of other fish MIA, so I am thinking they are also back there!

But I am so sorry about your jawfish. Might want to consider an eggcrate with some type of netting over it?

Sryder - it hasn't been down. I just really needed a big change with it, and wanted to do something totally different.

Yes, I'm still working on getting pictures posted!!! :p

im looking forward to seeing them. Ill have to post some pics. my hobby has grown to a serious addiction.....lol

Pics of the new Potters wrasse, the Golden Dwarf Moray eel, the clowns, and RBTA..........and uh, anything else I dont remember....

Nick

Somebody has to Scott....She's slackin.....

Nick

So it really does exist? I sorta figured this might be a snuffleupagus kinda thing...you know, where Nikki's the only on able to see it?

Nick

hahahaha - yeah, the photos might come a lot faster if Scott takes them, plus I think he has a lot more patience than I do taking pictures of fish - UGH! I will put it on the "upper most priority" list :rolleyes:. On a side note the Potter's Wrasse is fabulous. It is eating mysis very well, and the Golden Dwarf Moray is a cute little puppy dog.

In the meantime, enjoy these photos.... (*On the great space coaster, get on board, on the great space coaster, hop aboard....*) yes, if you know that song, then you are old like me.

"No Gnews is Good Gnews with Gary Gnu"

gnu.jpg

0406j.jpg

ROFL Charlie! I'm not sure....I'm researching after purchase :D lolol So far, it looks like Snuffy is, but I'm still undercided on Gary Gnu.

ROFL Charlie! I'm not sure....I'm researching after purchase :D lolol So far, it looks like Snuffy is, but I'm still undercided on Gary Gnu.

Good heavens, I have to disagree Nik. They hide more than mantis and leopard wrasses and they will wipe out every single sleestack you've had in no time at all.

I'm callin shenanigans......those are not the pics that were promised or later requested.....

You're gonna have to make something happen here, otherwise, I'll make something happen, and I dont think you'll find it as funny as the rest of us do....

:D

Nick

Yikes - sleestacks! Nothing like the nightmares from my youth. Kids now-a-days would laugh at them. Curt - your poor dog....that's got to be considered abuse. :lol:

Alright alright....I'll try and get a couple of pictures in the next day or so. Better dig out my camera :rolleyes:

Its a beautiful thing isnt it???

:lol:

Curt,
Isnt there a shot to take care of sleestacks these days?

JK...I know, I know...Land of the Lost. BTW, they're supposed to be doing a movie adaptation of Land of the Lost, and I'm pretty sure Will Ferrell is going to be in it. Not like his slap stick stuff, but as serious as he could be with giant lizards chasing him...

:badgrin:

Nick

Back