Neptune/Aquadyne compatible with DJ Power strip?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dragoneggs

I have already incorporated a couple of DJ-100 power strips for simple on/off power management along with a couple of outdoor digital timers for my lights. I am wondering if the Neptune or Aquadyne controllers are compatible with this power strip or do I have to get something special such as the Direct Connect 8 modules.

I understand there may be electrical interference or reliability issues when using IceCap ballasts. I have both the IceCap 660 for my actinics and and two 250W for my MH.

Is there really a reason to buy the $180 Direct Connect vs. the $30 DJ-100 Power Strip?

Thanks Dang... will do. Anyone else with experience using generic power strips with either of these controllers?

I don't have any help to give you on the subject other than what Dang said. Donna is very helpful, I had some questions with my Aquadyne and she helped me out quite a bit. Good luck

Sorry its not going to work. A dj power strips is nothing more than outlets and switches, It lacks the electronics to interface with the controller.

Don

Sorry its not going to work. A dj power strips is nothing more than outlets and switches, It lacks the electronics to interface with the controller.

Don

Crap!!!! So I have to buy the Direct Connect units... emphasis on the plural!

whats a dj1000?

we picked up a POS powerswitch from aqualight (suppose to be some day time night time timer) it sucks....

seems the eazyest way is a digatal(s) timer, with a few power strips

you could have your controller turn everything that is plugged into the dj1000 on or off as long as it didnt exceed max power on that channel of the dc8, but yes, you would need the dc8, besides they have soft start and power conditioning if im not mistaken, so you would want it.

whats a dj1000?

we picked up a POS powerswitch from aqualight (suppose to be some day time night time timer) it sucks....

seems the eazyest way is a digatal(s) timer, with a few power strips

American DJ-100 power strip is a simple but elegant box of 8 lighted switches with outlets on rear. Here is a pic of one located in my canopy (upside down).

Aquarium%20details-19.JPG

Back