New 180 Comming :-)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

plack

Sea Otter
Hi
I landed a 180 I am picking up this weekend in portland and started thinking about fish. All I curently have is 1 very shy and eluding leoppard wrasse 1 maroon clown and her sebay . This will be mostly an sps reef but I love my 2 linka starfish and am afraid they might get eaten.aAny way fom 55 gallons to 180 will be a jump and any sugestions will be appreciated (equipment wise I am fine will show pictures next week sometime :)
Paul

wow that is a big jump,i don't know if this will work but save all the cycle water u have in the 55 and transfer all that cycle stuff in ru tank rocks and all.but the only thing is not having enough water that has been cycled,unless u are planning on putting new water in the new 180gal and letting it cycle again.

but keep us posted:D
tony

Last edited:
Right on Plack a 180 is a great sized tank. I am looking forward to seeing this one come together.

MIke

72"x24"x24" approx. :) I have had a temporary 120 settup for unfortunately about 4-5 months and I have this plus my 55 to combine plus some new live rock to add that is now cured just need to put it all together. Pictures will come next week my daughter has my camera over near spokane at some singing contest .

that move is great. All the things that suck about a smaller tank like a 55 seem to disapear in a bigger tank. My two pieces of advice are pick the perfect location for it with plans to never move it and if you are going to drill it ever (closed loop, extra overflows), do it before you set up.

Sounds like a fun project.

Mat

First picture

o.k.I'm remodeling this room to so allot is going on here is the tank Empty

Last edited:
My temporary 120 Tank

All it's got is rocks basically And thats not even all the rocks. I have more cured in my garage :)

Last edited:
my severly Distressed 55

I had to move it for the floor to be done allot sooner than I was planning so it was as stressful for me as it was for the corals (slime city) lot's of new water and carbon and 1 hour later I took this it's not in great shape many normally there is an oak wrap aroud hiding the stand wich desperatly needs a new paint job and rust removal :-( parts of corals got broken chipped pcs off etc. I did get rid of my damsels though :)

Last edited:
Now I've got to figure out how to fit everything or at least what I can fit in the sump area The sump is an acrylic 48" long 55 gallon that takes up allot of space considering I was planning a refegium I may change that tank out as I have a few other small acrylics one is 36" long but very tall/ a little too tall unless it's cut but that is an option as its a 50 gallon as is anyway I'm rambling Lot's of work at work and at home so it will be awhile before it's all setup and running .

Sounds like you have your work cut out for sure...Good luck! I think I'd go crazy if i had to deal with all of that!:)

A try at photos

picsgalore057.jpg

picsgalore058.jpg

picsgalore059.jpg

picsgalore060.jpg

picsgalore064.jpg

picsgalore070.jpg

Last edited:
Well It's not quite finished yet but:
on the Right 250watt HQI 20K Ushio
In the Center Not yet mounted SE 250 watt 14K Hamilton
On the Left 250watt HQI 14K Ushio
Oceans Motion 4 Way ran by a Dolphin Ampmastyer 4700 Pump
Dolphin submersible 2000 Pump Return to a sea Swirl and straight front top Ø.5 locline manifold (4)
It's a glass 180 with a homemade/modified coast to coast overflow inside with the closed loop return going thru it then up and over then to the pump and 4 way .
the sump for now is just some liverock a skimmer and a tunzee ozmolator not yet hooked to the water supply (soon)

To Come:
Refegium mounted in a cabinet beside the tank above the tanks waterline
Kalkwasser reactor plumbing
3rd light install
Ozone reactor Install (red sea 100)
Neptune programming :) right now its just monitoring
I bought the expensive power strip for it so it would get the signals consistently

Oh yea and later some fish and corals :)
Paul

Many thanks to Marc for his help and aid in ohh so many ways :)

Looking good plack, looks like you needed a bigger tank, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Back