New 180 Comming :-)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The third light installed its a 14k se pheonix in a wing reflector and lots and lots of nassarius ilyanassa obsoleta snails :)
I also started to seed my sand bed from my other one :)
picsgalore078.jpg

picsgalore079.jpg

Nice Paul. I like the sandbed.

Now why did you add so many Nassarius snails?

Best,
Ilham

They are great for sandbeds and were cheap !
Next up is the refegium then installing the neptune controller powerstrip and actually programming it to do the work for me :)

plack said:
They are great for sandbeds and were cheap !
:)

I c....yes they are, just wondering if you knew they were carnivorous. They do not eat algae.

If you are just using them to stire up your bed that will be good, and to catch some left over food in the sand? Otherwise, you'd have to feed them.

Best,
Ilham

Some descriptions unfortunately say they do :-( I believe so are bumblebees and conchs and I just had bad luck with astreas only in the past.

Those snails are so sweet. I had about 20 in my 170gal and after about 4 months there were 50-100 additional tiny babies. Darwin has stepped in and there are many less now, but they are a great little snail.

Mat

Great set up!

Looks real good Paul I like the fact its only 24" deep that will make it alot easyer to work in. How do you like the 250watt HQI 20K Ushio? Good luck with the Transition I look forward to more pictures;) ...Jeff

"How do you like the 250watt HQI 20K Ushio?"
Well I am not yet sold on it I do think it looks nice and my wife loves but I want to see some corals at mid-tank on 14k and 20K which should happen in a few weeks. :)
Hey how is that lovely Red Leopard Wrasse Doing does he nip at anyone or anything how is his tempermeant?

Hey how is that lovely Red Leopard Wrasse

She is doing Great Paul Of the 3 types of Wrasses in my 75 tank she is the most Laid back one And With Her color I think the Other Wrasse just Ignore her. I haven't had any trouble with any Leopard Wrasse If adding them all to the Tank at the same time. About 2 Months ago I had to relocate a Sixline to my 75 And aaaafter every one showed how big their fins can get they have been model Fish!
As for the lights I had been running 250 watt HQI Radiums and this spring I switched to 14K Hamilton's To Increase my Par value to my Tank.. But I do miss the deeper Blue of the Radiums..Good luck with that new tank Paul
...Jeff

plack said:
"How do you like the 250watt HQI 20K Ushio?"
Well I am not yet sold on it I do think it looks nice and my wife loves but I want to see some corals at mid-tank on 14k and 20K which should happen in a few weeks. :)
Hey how is that lovely Red Leopard Wrasse Doing does he nip at anyone or anything how is his tempermeant?

Back