• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Era for CFI

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JPG@CFI

Precision Fabricator
RF Community,

I have some news for everyone about the future of Clear Fabrications, Inc.

First, I should give a little history;

1991-2 Got an algae scrubber job at a local Saltwater Store to learn about the animals, and to get a discount. I would look at the wet/dry filters and said, "For that kind money, I could build that!" And I did.

1995-6 +or- Helped a good friend open his Saltwater Store. Built lots of filters and stuff that is still in operation.

1997 Had the owner of an Acrylic Tank Manufacture offer me a job with him. I worked for said Manufacturer for about 3.5 years. I taught him more than he taught me. He did teach me how to not run a fab shop. Great guy though.

Oct. 2002 Opened my own shop, CFI was born. Started with a few tools, a little skill and high hopes from my life savings. Went "All In!" I built up CFI to a Worldclass Tank builder,Designer and Installer. Sent tanks all over the US as well as Canada, Mexico, and Austraila. Built tanks for all the Aquarium Maintaince Companys, all the Aquarium Shops, and a ton of Reef Aquarists. Thank you, everyone, for all your support, really!

Nov. 2009 Feeling that I need to persue some other intrests, I struck a deal with Matt Krom to take over CFI.

Mar 2010 Matt had to exit the business to take care of some family issues.

May 2010 I just got back from my new shop location. It is in Bellevue, and is a huge place. I now have all the room I could ever need. I am looking to take CFI to not only the next level, but to be a force to be reckoned with on the National level. Wish me luck!

To everyone who has paid deposits to Matt, please let me know so we can get things straitened out. I WILL take care of you!

I now need to move my entire shop from Puyallup to Bellevue. Look for some future posts of pictures of my new digs!

Thanks to everyone for your continued support!
Jason Gregory
[email protected]

Well, this sounds very exciting!
I wish the very best for you Jason.
And I hope things go well for you in the future of CFI.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

David.

jason. thanks for the update and that is great news. i look forward to doing more business with you. congrats and good luck with the new location.

If you could just ask matt to reply to the paypal claim i have that would be great. I just want my money back for the sump. But am fine with supporting cfi with future needs.

Goodluck.

Jason,

I am soo glad to hear this..If you need ANY help moving stuff to Bellevue, let me know.

Kirk

Well i'm glad to see that CFI is still going to be around but after reading your post I noticed this (see bold) you state you've built tanks for all the maintenance companies when to the best of my knowledge you haven't built a single tank for clayton, the largest and most dominant company in the area.....

Oct. 2002 Opened my own shop, CFI was born. Started with a few tools, a little skill and high hopes from my life savings. Went "All In!" I built up CFI to a Worldclass Tank builder,Designer and Installer. Sent tanks all over the US as well as Canada, Mexico, and Austraila. Built tanks for all the Aquarium Maintaince Companys, all the Aquarium Shops, and a ton of Reef Aquarists. Thank you, everyone, for all your support, really!
[/email]

In addition the june BBQ for the psas is the third sat. of june. where it is expected to have a cube tank that has already been purchased and paid for which delivery of said tank has not been made as of yet.....

Tom

Last edited:
Theres always Gotta Be One Post to contradict something!!!! Good Luck with the new Digs im needing a few things as well..
Where do you work again Tom?

conga rats to you Jason!!!
glad to see you back at the helm.
your tanks are the best!

Well i'm glad to see that CFI is still going to be around but after reading your post I noticed this (see bold) you state you've built tanks for all the maintenance companies when to the best of my knowledge you haven't built a single tank for clayton, the largest and most dominant company in the area.....

In addition the june BBQ for the psas is the third sat. of june. where it is expected to have a cube tank that has already been purchased and paid for which delivery of said tank has not been made as of yet.....

Tom

well that's because those hacks at clayton dont even count as a real maintenance company...
those are some of the most retarded tanks i've ever seen set up,
and that company has absolutely NO respect for fish or reef creatures in any way shape or form, ...completely irresponsible and unintelligent.
it makes me sad when i see completely innapropriate fish just totally unhappy in a system, and hear the customer say, "yeah, the fish die all the time, they just come and replace them"...
CFI is waaay too good for the likes of clayton.

I've never seen a Clayton aquarium I liked. Sorry dude, but I'm not sure that building tanks for Clayton aquariums is the qualifier for deciding how credible someone is. Not even sure that post was really necessary.
Welcome back Jason. Still stoked on my 80 gallon custom CFI tank every day.

ok well it wasn't my intent to pass judgement on Jason just making a point. If I could delete that section of the post I would since it apparently was taken in a different manner than I had intended.

Anyways, my much more important question is Jason, do you intend to have the cube tank for the PSAS finished for the BBQ?

Tom

Very nice to hear!

I was wondering if I could bring in the sump from my Dads tank and have a baffle added so the protein skimmer can have a constant water level. Also we are looking to have a refugium/fresh water storage container built, there is limited access under the stand so he needs a custom solution.

Also if you have some way of buffing/repairing scratches we are very interested! This is actually a Clayton tank and the last service guy scratched the tank to hell. We will be completely emptying the tank in a month, we've been fighting a losing battle and it crashed two days ago so we will be starting new and fixing the design flaws in the system (well to make it go from a sterile tank requiring weekly service to a successful reef tank). I was told the tank was built in Florida.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Psas paid for this tank back in FEb.
If you can have the tank done by the end of the month would be great.
but we need to know for sure if you can get it done. if not then we would like the $200.00 back for the 40 gal cube so we can go get a glass one.. please get back to the BOD so we can talk this out thanks so much Crystal

Kind of sounds like Jason is walking into this pre paid deal a little late. Instead of posting those things maybe a pm would be more appropriate? If he is just taking the company back over you can't blame him for not being able to get it done for he bbq.

Jason, glad to see you're back at the helm!! I wish you the best of luck continuing the great company that you started. I'm sure it's going to be hectic, stressful and frustrating, in the beginning, dealing with the "mess" you've been handed. I hope recent problems don't negatively effect your "new" business, since you weren't responsible and had no control over what was going on.

Kind of sounds like Jason is walking into this pre paid deal a little late. Instead of posting those things maybe a pm would be more appropriate? If he is just taking the company back over you can't blame him for not being able to get it done for he bbq.

he asked if there where more people out there. so i came back.
I am not blaming him for what has happened.
I asked him if he could get it done.
and I was just checking. matt has already offered to pay the money back.
so sorry i posted here

Back