new sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Do you see lots of life in it when you take the time to look? My only worry about them at all is that somehow I won't end up with enough life to 'work it' for me...

To be honest with you, there are pods in the fuge, the sand bed has worms, and life is good. I honestly haven't taken a real good look in there for about 3-4 months. I have plenty of pod life in there and in the display.

put the 'power center' together today. its all scrap wood left over from other things, and I didn't even bother to sand it let along pocket the screws or anything as it will just sit on the bottom shelf of my stand.. but here's some crappy pictures

The 'blank' space opposite the dj power strips will serve for a spot to mount my controller and my ato, and most (not quite all) the gaps are on purpose to allow for some air flow so nothing gets too hot inside. If I do notice some heat, I'll mount a couple small computer fans in the open spot I left on the sides (where I used two pieces of wood rather than one)...
I need to borrow one of those labeler things so I can mark the outlets front and back. Hopefully this means I can move the 'electrical' next weekend and possibly get the sump in place.

It more looks functional than good I think, but it wasn't really intended to look good. Compared to the birds nest of power strips and cords I have now though, it looks AMAZING. LOL Should help with keeping things organized and such, and it fits on the bottom shelf of the stand with enough room to swivel it to the side when I need to get to the cords. The side for the controller and ato will hold the DC8s a DC4, and should keep everything a little more protected from drips and splashes. Just didn't seem right to move everything around and not spend a little time organizing.

If ALL it does it get me moving on swapping the sump and getting the fuge online, that will be enough for me :)
Actually looks a bit better once the paint dried as there isn't so much 'shiny.' You don't notice all the spots I should have sanded or cared more when putting it together.

yeah... i'm a bit over critical of my stuff, even when i know i wasn't really trying. its stupid.

Finally got the sump online/fuge in place. I'll probably do a write up at some point, but I still need to get reactors setup and the skimmer online... and make sure I have things running correctly on the controller Hoping to get water in the fuge today also..
Quick video to show it. Its a crappy phone video, and you SHOULD turn your volume down as I had the radio cranked up when I took it, but...

Back