new tank pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jeepfish

Well my 14 gal biocube has been up and running for about 2 months now and i figured i would finally post some pics (there cell phone pics so they do no justice but its what i got)

i have 22 lbs of live rock, 19 in the display and 3 lbs of rubble where bio balls were. about 10lbs of live sand, bag of chemipure, bag of purigen, took the spounge outta the third chamber added some filter floss to the top of the second chamber and added a biocube power head
tank-1.jpg

IMG_20120220_152346.jpg

live stock so far goes
1 ocellaris clownfish (jp patches)
green star polyp
radioactive dragon eye zoas
2 mushrooms
pulsing xenia
duncan
4 Astraeas
4 Cerith
2 scarlet leg hermit crabs
IMG_20120220_152414.jpg

IMG_20120220_152405.jpg

IMG_20120220_152359.jpg

duncan1.jpg

duncanandgreenstar1.jpg

tank1-1.jpg

thank you all sooo much with out you guys on this forum i doubt i would have ever even gotten this far

Looks really nice! Your rocks look like what appears to be green coralline starting to spread over them. Adds a nice touch if that is what it is. Sometimes it changes color as I have had green turn another color on me, but really nice!! Your cell phone rocks as well! Wish my camera took pictures that well!! :p

Keep up the good work! :)

Very well done.
Pics dont look to shabby either.
You could add a few more critters to your clean up crew.
Be sure to replace your filter floss on a regular basis. It will collect crud and dirty your water.

Great looking nano

thanks krish good to hear, this is my first aquarium since i was i kid and my first salt water all together. but my cell phone still does no justice for the color:D

Looks great! when the xenia starts to take off, you might want to relocate it somewhere on a dark side of the tank where it can just grow up in some manageable way. Just a suggestion. Mine gets out of hand if I leave it at the center of the tank!

Wow! Great looking Nano you have there jeepfish, if you'd like a few additional easy corals stop on by and will hook you up. The sooner you/we fill this baby up the sooner you'll be onto a bigger system project...lol Hobby kind of works this way but... you could be smarter than the majority of us and just keep one nicely done easy to care for Reeftank... :flypig::bounce:

Cheers, Todd

The sooner you/we fill this baby up the sooner you'll be onto a bigger system project...lol Hobby kind of works this way but... you could be smarter than the majority of us and just keep one nicely done easy to care for Reeftank... :flypig::bounce:

Cheers, Todd
lol i hope your right todd but im already feeling the itch for a bigger tank and strangely a smaller one too.... lol i really dig the pico thing thanks for the support and i may just have to take you up on that offer:D

im hopeing to make it at least 6 months before i go bigger. still trying to find my camera to get some better pics for you all, thanks again to all of you for the support

Small question I have been combing through the pictures and such and is it better to have your powerheads on the back wall or the sides of the tank? I just ordered 2 hydors 425 flow power heads for my 27 cube and am having a hard time figuring where i am going to place them.

Back