Next fish - what do you think?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I second the Kole idea. I have one and he is a cool fish. I would have liked to get a Tommini but I couldn't find one locally. My Kole has gotten along with my Coral Beauty (same size) just fine, as well as my other tank mates. I was really picky about him when I picked him out. I've seen some that are rather colorful and some that are really bland. It's not the best pic, but you get the idea.
Kole2.jpg

ohhhhh - if I had seen a Kole like that I would have reconsidered! I just ordered a Tomini from Liveaquaria. FYI - If you are still looking for a Tomini, Saltwater City in Bellevue has just ordered some.

SaltyTemple said:
Would it be overcrowding my tank if I got both a Tomini and a Sailfin to go with my Hippo?
Yup.

The Sailfin gets pretty large for most home aquariums. The reason I went with the Tomini is that its the smallest of the tangs at 5 inches when fully grown. I also like the color of the Tomini better than the Kole, but Blazer88's is awful pretty.

Nick

The Tomini is still pretty expensive when compared to the Kole. I was looking for a Kole for about a month before Blue Sierra got a good one in. It's tought to tell from the picture, but his fins are bright orange and I haven't seen too many of them with the blue throat. Good luck with the Tomini and post pictures!

Back