No editing !! tisk tisk

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Myteemouse

NOTHING
I seen this new thread on another forum.. I thought it was a FANTASTIC idea..
I would like this thread to be 100% straight from the camera pics.
NO resizing
no cropping
no editing WHAT SO EVER..
NOT EVEN WHITE BALANCE..

If you set your white balance in your camera correctly you wont need to ..

Just download from camera then up load the pic here.
I am shooting, then putting on my computer, then onto photobucket. and straight to here.no editing at all.

I want to see what kind of skills you REALLY got.

Please be honest..
I took a few today in both tanks.. here are my first ones with ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OR RESIZING OR CROPPING..
keep in mind. these pics are from both tanks whit different lighting on each
BUT no editing
oct222010041.jpg

oct222010040.jpg

oct222010039.jpg

oct222010034.jpg

oct222010032.jpg

oct222010027.jpg

oct222010009.jpg

oct222010005.jpg

OK, question.
How do you post a picture that is the right size for veiwing?
Right out of my camera, they are huge files.

Nice thanks! I have a canon rebel xt that I never got to work properly. Might need to invest in a better lens and have someone change some basic settings for me :doubt:
Go to "Picture style"
set up a custom one..
set saturation up one notch
contrast up two notches.
and sharpness up all the way!

iso 200
in the 50 gallon under T-5s'
shutter speed 1/4 second
Fstop 11
custom white balance on the camera

in the 125 iso 200
Fstop 14
shutter speed around 1/15-25 depending how much light was on the corals.
and AUTO white balance (with my 14k lights and T-5's the camera hits the color pretty much dead on.)

I upload onto photo bucket. Then when your inside the album, wave the mouse over the image. Upload options should appear available and IMG is the last one. Then copy it and paste in a thread.

I just made an account and i don't think that you can on flickr. Its easy to go with photo-bucket just for that convenience.

Using Flickr, right click on any image, then click on Copy Image Location.

This is what you will paste into the field, here on RF.

To post different sized images, while on Flickr, you have options of which sized photo you want to view. Whatever size you are viewing, is the size you'll post, when you copy it's Image Location.

fishtanknew2.jpg

They are real, trust me:rolleyes:

Using the resize functions at an image hosting site is editing but matters not.

Well, it's a real picture, that hasn't been edited....lol. I think that counts!!

A word of advice, I'd never rely on any resize function, on an image hosting site. They don't give you near the control as other options. For a free image resize tool, I'd recommend Irfanview. However, if you're using Photoshop CS or Photoshop Elements, you'll have much more control. About the only time I do any resizing, is when I'm printing.

Another suggestion. When you upload photos to an image hosting site, I would always upload the original size. This way, if you were to ever lose your images, from your computer, you can download the original from your hosting site. It kind of works as a great back up option.

Back