o2manyfish - Skimmer Comparison

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The GroTech is the HEA 250. Out of all the skimmers it's rated for the largest tank (up to 1250). At the time, it was the only model available.

Does'nt the HEA-250 have the single Eheim-1260 for circulation? I wonder what they claim for air induction (l/ph)? I would imagine that would be a good indicator as to how comparible it is to the others. IMO I think the rating is a bit high. But I guess it all depends on what you plan on keeping.
Take Care,
Chad

Yes Chad it's one Eheim 1260. The rating might be a bit high. In the information I have, it says "up to 1250".

my LFS uses the viaquas. Are they just "regular" venturis? I dont think they are needlewheels

Hello Jeff...I can't wait to see these results. I wish I was there...."THE GREAT SKIMMER SHOOT OUT 2004"...You could sell tickets...."LET's GET READY TO RUMBLE"....PAY PER VIEW MAYBE?....WEB CAM>>>

Hey Folks,

Okay the weather was wonderful here today. But instead of being able to set up the skimmers, I had to spend the afternoon with both Daniel Knop and Sanjay Joshi playing with corals in the yard.

Daniel had a field day photographing everyting, including the assortment of skimmers gathering my yard. He seemed really impressed with the setup and was curious to see how the skimmers compared.

He took almost 2 gigs of photos...

Tomorrow - Pending anything major I will be setting up the first round of skimmers. I will move my highly inadequate Webcam to outside.

Anyone make any comments about me working topless with my fuzzy belly and the webcam comes down !!!! :) :)

Dave B

:rolleyes: Great! Now I have to stay glued to my monitor all day. Hey, do you charge by the minute? ;) LOL j/k

NaH2O said:
Invincible - if you get a chance can you list the skimmers you have information on already. That way if someone wants to help out, then they aren't duplicating research you already put together.

Also, is the model for the Grotech known? In Dave's post listing the model numbers, at that time, the Grotech model was unknown, and Dave was waiting for confirmation on the H&S.

You bet. Tomorrow i will post info. :)

Back