o2manyfish - Skimmer Comparison

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It's 8" diameter, roughly 3 ft tall and you'd have to guess the rating b/c again, it was a custom. I guess you could extrapolate the rating on a 836 and then add another 30% or so for a recirc? I dunno, I'm guessing.

Time to Put Up or ShutUp !!! :)

Okay Guys,

As of 1:30 pm PST the webcam is out in the yard. I will try to adjust location later on today once the first round is in place.

Please understand this is a lil Dlink Wireless webcam running off my own personal server, using DSL upload speeds. Not sure how many (if more that 1 person can even watch at a time).

webcam is www.o2manyfish.com/webcam.htm

This afteroon I will be removing all the skimmers from the tank, cleaning the tank, redoing the plumbing to the testing tank to make sure there is fair water distribution, and placing into the tank the Aqua C 400, Geo Skimmer , Custom Venturi Skimmer made by a local club member - Brian Greene.

Anyone local with my cell # give me a call if the camera needs adjusting :)

Hope this works.... Let the skimming begin !!!

Dave B

Dave, I lost my cell phone already on my trip. I'll check the webcam and let you know if there are any adjustments to the GEO that should be made.

NO! it doesnt load for me! :mad: :cry: :( ....i look at it when i go to the frag party :badgrin: :D

Here;s what I have so far. Still waiting on answers for 2 skimmers

skimmerstable.jpg

Which 3 skimmers are on the web cam? It looks like a Deltec in the middle, but the other 2 aren't obvious. The one on the front left looks to be off to an early lead</grin>

Derek

Derek,

First Skimmers running are the:
Aqua C EV-400 - Front Left
GEO - Custom - Center Back (Outside of sump)
Brian Custom SKimmer - Right - In Sump, can be used outside - Way too tall

Dave B

Keep the info coming .....thank you for your time and efforts as I get a huge kick out of this...I am glued to the cpu, this is like a soap opera for reef junkies...good day....

Dave,

Thank you for the info and all of the work. I may have missed it, but how long do you plan for each round of testing?

Derek

Hey Folks,

The Staff here at RF are fantastic. To help us try to keep the information for this comparison accessible and manageable they have created a new Sub-Forum for the Skimmer Comparison.

The new sub-forum will be for me to post the photos, results and opinions (mine) of the skimmers in one central location.

These threads will be read only for everyone. This way, the opinions are kept in one location, and people trying to follow the progress without having to read through what I imagine will be become a very large thread, will be able to view and follow the comparison quickly.

If people have additional thoughts for how to keep this information easily accessible please let me know. Tonight I will start assembling the photos and information to begin the actual comparison. Watch the new forum for information....

Dave B

How had the webcam been doing ? Are you guys able to take see anything ?

I just added a Helios T5 Daylight bulb to the tank - So now you can see the skimmers at night :)

Dave B

Invince, the MRC is a MR3, not a HOT. Standard beckett. Also I think a MR4 is being added to the mix, probably a better comparison b/c of the 8" chamber.

Thats an impressive photo of those skimmers gathered all together for christmas..ho ho ho...Some are in need of serious cleaning though....that euroreef looks post nuclear war. Thanks for the webcam that is so nuts....happy tinkering.

Back