Ocellaris fry - let's see what happens

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Elmo18

Clownfish
I collected about 20-25 fry couple nights ago to just give em a try. So far Day 2 and no deaths. Ocellaris fry are about 3x as strong as GSM fry it seems, and about 2-3 times bigger, too. They are great eaters already for the second day. Egg mass was small, but i thought i'd try it as I couldn't see the eggs go to waste. Just seeing how many will make it.

Day 2:

111605-3.jpg

Sorry..messy carpet ;) Here are a couple photos of a 10 gallon Clarkii tank that i took before the usual water changes.

111605-1.jpg

111605-2.jpg

Best,

Ilham

If you have some make it, I would love to give a home to one of your ocellaris.

YYYUUHHUU !!!ohh dood that's awesome :).
well dood you know i've been waiting for this moment :D so i really really hope all the babys make it :).

Congrats dood !!!

Congrats Ilham!! Wish you were in Canada. I want your Clarkii's I might need a coulple Ocelaris too, now :(

YAY! I'm so happy for you Ilam! You mentioned that you were hoping to get that pair to breed. First go then eh?

HI Tom, definitely will save one for ya.

Thanks for the encouraging words. It is nice that after the GSM's, these guys seem like nothing. By now, i'll have GSM fry deaths, but not with these guys it seems. GSM's in my opinion, has the smallest fry of any clownfish; the ocellaris the largest fry.

This species (Ocellaris) is the one I would recommend people for first fishes, or if you're interested in tackling basic breeding. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

Nothing interesting happens in the first 8-10 days...but end of Day 2...about 20 left still.

Best,

Ilham

Jiddy said:
Ilham if you ship i will take two of you ocellaris, let me know!

Hi Jidsster! Hey, remember i made a promise i'd get some ocellaris breeding ;) You'll have two definitely, and I'll make sure I don't name them, so they don't die ;)

- Ilham

Elmo18 said:
Hi Jidsster! Hey, remember i made a promise i'd get some ocellaris breeding ;) You'll have two definitely, and I'll make sure I don't name them, so they don't die ;)

- Ilham

Well im honored, will they be ready by Xmas? They wont die i caught my crabs and they live in the sump now!

Jiddy said:
Well im honored, will they be ready by Xmas? They wont die i caught my crabs and they live in the sump now!

I doubt it Jiddy :( I'd give them 3-4 months at least. Although if you want to be feeding live foods still...it is possible...but shipping month and half old baby clowns is very very risky..:rolleyes:

- Ilham

Well i suppose i can wait until i get back from Guam, i wouldnt want to risk the shippin, you will have to give them to Ken to hold for me, lol

Oh sorry Ken i wasnt really askin, hows that sound Ilham? Do you guys live next to eachother kinda.... i dont know if you guys are in the cool guy club together? lol

Ilham won't let me come over LOL, but he lives pretty close.. Jiddy I hold them with the other stuff....

well dood, i'll be waiting for those babys :D 3-4 months is nothing hehe.
to bad you can't put some video here so we could watch them swim :D .

spongebob lover said:
well dood, i'll be waiting for those babys :D 3-4 months is nothing hehe.
to bad you can't put some video here so we could watch them swim :D .

Let's not get 'too excited' yet....its only Day 3 (today)....there's about 12 more days...before i know for sure...crossing fingers..but these guys are waaaay more resilient than those itty bitty GSM fry. I should be growing out more GSM soon, probably the next set of eggs.

- Ilham

Back