Ocellaris fry - let's see what happens

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just an update; one casualty today....down to somewhere in the 19-22 category I think...

This one had a very thin stomach, so it probably didn't learn to eat. The rest look pretty good for now.

End of Day 4.

- Ilham

Ilham thats great man. Since I have a small tank I was thinking I would just raise Clownfish. I can get color from my corals that I want rather than a bunch of fish. Since I have a Ocellaris already I am going to stick with them. Even though I really want Clarkii's. But like I said, maybe another tank is instore hehe.

Congrats so far and good luck.

Cool looking fry's Elmo! Too bad I'm not in your area, we could have traded some fish!(LOL) Really nice...I hope they all do well...

Just an update; one casualty today....down to somewhere in the 19-22 category I think...

This one had a very thin stomach, so it probably didn't learn to eat. The rest look pretty good for now.

End of Day 4.

ohh dood, well i'll keep my fingers crossed still :)

Good luck Ilham. I'm new here and have been free from the addiction for about 8 or 9 years and I think it's time to jump back in. I for one would love to have up dates on how their doing and what your feeding them, water par. and so on so I could get an ideal how to do the same thing. Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Yea Ilham, give us a update and some pictures! Geesh, dont act like you dont know we are reef-junkies, lol

One more died, so total of 2 casualties in the ~6 days so far.

I will try take some photos when i can later on....but I will be at work...soon..possibly this evening ;)

Best,

Ilham

Cool...ie about the pics. Sorry to hear about the loss though. I lost 2 clowns myself yesterday due to shipping, but atleast I have one that is doing great and he will have a buddy later on today of the same size and species. I hope you don't lose anymore Elmo...

Thanks for the kind words. I am seeing why the GSM's are really tough. It is amazing how much bigger the fry is now at day 6, than the GSM fry at the same day. I will post more in the workshop, so I won't say too much here.

I will say that all clown fry turn darker and probably black, as they grow and develop. This is all before metamorphosis.

I will try take a photo of metamorphosis if any make it through. I started from 21 I believe, and have about 19 left. I hope the next batch of eggs are a bit larger. They're such novices....still... I'll be on RF chat for a bit..and on again later.

Best,

Ilham

Update: Some have now metamorphosized and have a thin headband.

Will take photos tomorrow. Tried tonight, and hmmm just a blurry type of night...hahaha

About 18-19 left. Success rate seems pretty high with this fish, and so far, i have witnessed % survival from highest to lowest from what i've seen;

Ocellaris > Clarkii > GSMs.

Regards,

Ilham

Cool Elmo! Can't wait to see some pics. That's interesting that the ocellaris fry grow quicker than the GSM's considering the GSM's grow to be so much larger.

yuuhhuu !!! Ocellaris rule !! :D i mean the other clowns are really cute too but you know i love Ocellaris :p.
I can't wait to see the pictures Ilham :)

Back