Oldsaint"s 300DD

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Alot depends on whether you just want to grow stuff slow or if you are gong to turn it into a factory saint, know what I mean. Looking back, I found the receipt when I shipped you a bunch of stuff back in to good old days.................lol. that was when the only thing i had on my mind was growing it for profit. Now I have mellowed, and changed my thinking a bit, if you couldn't already tell that..................LOL

I wish I still had those corals. I think I lost my 260 a few months after your tank. But, mine was unrelated, a mix of laziness and murphy's law. If you leave the door open he will walk through.
The plan is to let them grow and only frag out of necessity, fighting for space. When that time comes I'm sue I'll use one of the QT's for a frag tank.

Only if you are really weird do you get excited over diatoms ;).

I honestly think it is just part of the cycle you are bound to go thru. JMHO

Yes, just the first sign of life. It was started with all dead rock and sand. I added a few cups of sand from the other 2 tanks I have and I'm adding more live sand and all types of pods and worms Weds.

I'm pretty patient. I usually wait 90 days before adding fish and another 90 before adding any corals. That gives the tank and me time to mature. lol

I also try to be a good QT reefer. You have to be patient to watch corals and fish in a QT for 8-10 weeks.

O M G

It was early 2006 cuz I lost everything that year in July. Wow, that almost brings tears to my eyes. Thank you, that brings back some good reef times.

Hey no problem. Know that you inspired me to stay on course back then. I will be looking for the same now. :)

Calling it a night. Getting late on this coast.

Only if you are really weird do you get excited over diatoms ;).

I honestly think it is just part of the cycle you are bound to go thru. JMHO

i'll be weird with you, because i remember being excited by them twice. :)

I talked to them about submitting a plan about a month ago but haven't decided what I'm dong. But, They seemed nice folks and eager to help. Before I commit, I need to get a sample in hand so I can get a visual. 

do they send out samples? i never got that far into it, just because i feel like i won't plan well enough and end up paying shipping 4 times, and still not having the right stuff

I talked to them about submitting a plan about a month ago but haven't decided what I'm dong. But, They seemed nice folks and eager to help. Before I commit, I need to get a sample in hand so I can get a visual. 

do they send out samples? i never got that far into it, just because i feel like i won't plan well enough and end up paying shipping 4 times, and still not having the right stuff

Sorry Stacey Thought I had responded to this. I didn't ask them if they did. But, I would only be looking for a piece of scrap so I can try and get a visual. This Sat I'm temp hanging the lights with some rails from track lighting and the cables that came with them. I may just leave it like that if I decide not to use the canopy.

Not much else going on with the tank. I added about 30 snails. A mix of trochus, astrea and nassarius.

I wish it was ready for fish. Stopped by my lfs and saw a bunch of the most colorful Pseudanthias bartlettorum I've seen in a while.

Mounted 3 out of the 4 Mitras. I may just stick with 3. I could always use the 4th over my 47 cube. Plus the 4th is a 6200 and you have to mod them in order for it to work with the 6100's. I have the parts for the mod but not sure I want or need to mess with it.
Also, I may stick with the way the are hung. The parts to hang them were only around $80.00. A lot cheaper than a custom rack.

A few steps closer to fish!

Back