Oldsaint"s 300DD

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Also started the fug a few weeks ago. Macro is a little scarce at the moment. Hopefully when the water warms up they will be a larger selection around.

I picked up some blue ochtodes a week or so ago. I wasn't sure on getting it as I'm not a running lot of light over the fuge really. How is it doing for you? Are you seeing growth? Guess I'll find the answers to my own questions soon, but hearing about your experiences with it might help me to frame mine...

Very cool pics saint :) :)

Thanks. Looks like he's getting more comfortable. Should be out in some better light over the next couple days.

I picked up some blue ochtodes a week or so ago. I wasn't sure on getting it as I'm not a running lot of light over the fuge really. How is it doing for you? Are you seeing growth? Guess I'll find the answers to my own questions soon, but hearing about your experiences with it might help me to frame mine...

Haven't noticed any growth. I'm attaching it to a rock today. I've read it likes rocks and attaching to other algae. It drifted over behind the prolifera and I want to get it away from there. I'm also concerned about the lighting I have. At the LFS it only colors up blue when they turn their 250w MH on over it. I considered putting it in the DT but I read the other day it can be invasive.

Beautiful wrasse Mike.

Sent from my Barrier Reef via Jakarta, Bali, and Fiji.

Thanks Wayne. I actually lost the Naokoae wrasse. It took about 2 weeks for the Royal flasher to acclimate and start coming out and explorering. Once that happened the Naokoae start hiding more and more until he disappeared. I always seem to pick the meanest fish. When I added the 6 Bartletts the Royal immediately staked them until they all crowded in a hole. The Royal would circle the hole for a minute or two and then BANG dive and attack the anthias. He did that 3-4 times until finally one came out and took a bite out of his side. After that he stays away from them. Everyone I've talked to says they never seen a Royal flasher so aggressive.

Back