over stocked sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

Well as the title says:
My cube has become a overstocked sps tank!!! (And I'm lovin it!!!!!!)

here are a few to scratch the surface, I just took 50 pictures and so far here are the first 5.

still to come are some top downs and close ups, stay tuned for more!!!!

Matt

overstockedspstank005.jpg

overstockedspstank002.jpg

overstockedspstank016.jpg

overstockedspstank006.jpg

overstockedspstank018.jpg

Here are some of my favorites!
top downs, I know they have glares but hey this is the best way to show the true colors of the corals!!

check it out and let me know what you all think.....

Thanks for looking......

Matt
overstockedspstank020.jpg

overstockedspstank022.jpg

overstockedspstank026.jpg

overstockedspstank030.jpg

overstockedspstank032.jpg

overstockedspstank034.jpg

overstockedspstank035.jpg

Super nice. Give that man a beer.

I love you set up. How big of a setup is it? What type of lighs and CA reactor are you using?

Love the colors on you SPS. What type of salt and how often do you do what changes and how much?

Love you tank man.:eek:

I love you set up. How big of a setup is it? What type of lighs and CA reactor are you using?

Love the colors on you SPS. What type of salt and how often do you do what changes and how much?

Love you tank man.:eek:

here are the answers to your questions...

the cube is 30''x30''x30'' (115 gallons) total system volume is 225.

I am running two 400 watt reeflux 10 MH lights with Lumenmax II reflectors

No calcium reactor, just Kalkwasser and two part.

I use IO salt and always have (35 bucks a bucket heck cant beat that!)

as for water changes my tank is about 18 months old and has had a total of 3 maybe 4 water changes... (I have used les than 2 buckets of salt in this time period.)

My skimmer is my secret weapon:rolleyes:

Matt

Last edited:
Thanks for the feed back.

Love the colors in your system. Who makes your Skimmer and what model is it. I have a Pacific coast RPS1000 and I think it's not that great of a skimmer. I also run a PC CA reactor and I also think its not that great.

But when you are broke what can you do.

Thank you and your tank is what I wish my tank can be come. I have a 2' cube myself.

Thanks you.

Love the colors in your system. Who makes your Skimmer and what model is it. I have a Pacific coast RPS1000 and I think it's not that great of a skimmer. I also run a PC CA reactor and I also think its not that great.

Thank you and your tank is what I wish my tank can be come. I have a 2' cube myself.

Thanks you.

As for my skimmer I built it myself just like all of my other equipment, my reef is full DIY, i built my stand, canopy, designed all my water flow and closed loop, built my 120 gallon sump/refugium, built the skimmer, kalk reactor, everthing.. all the equipment is in my garage 20 feet away from the display..

here is a couple pictures of my skimmer i built...
P.S. my 4 year old daughter is my equipment spokesperson/model:lol::lol::lol:

Matt

forsale003-1.jpg

forsale004-1.jpg

forsale006-2.jpg

Thanks you.

hey mat when are you going building my secret weapon? must say your tank is the most spectacular l have seen yet up close in person. your corrals have more vibrant color with 10k bulbs than i've seen with 20k.

She is so cute. Will she come with the skimmer if I buy one?

just 10 years ago my little girl was that size.

Matt. Your work is some of the best I have ever seen around. I do lot of reading and web shopping and your stuff is great. I went looking for your other post on the site and I came across a bunch.
I think I want to start saving and see if you can make me a skimmer and Kalk reactor. I would like for them to me small copys of your Skimmer and the same size on your kalk reactor.
Like I said I have 60G cube and a 30G sump. In the future I will up grade to a 200 Gallons tank so I was hopping to get started by getting one of your Skimmers. I would like the best of both worlds. To get it to work on my little tank and then move it to my 180 to 200G tank.

If you can email me or PM me and let me know if you can, that would be great. I have nothing but time so when ever it would be good.
Here is my Email [email protected]
Thank you for everything.
As for my skimmer I built it myself just like all of my other equipment, my reef is full DIY, i built my stand, canopy, designed all my water flow and closed loop, built my 120 gallon sump/refugium, built the skimmer, kalk reactor, everthing.. all the equipment is in my garage 20 feet away from the display..

here is a couple pictures of my skimmer i built...
P.S. my 4 year old daughter is my equipment spokesperson/model:lol::lol::lol:

Matt

forsale003-1.jpg

forsale004-1.jpg

forsale006-2.jpg

Thank you very much for great compliments! I don't think I build the best but I am very pleased with what I have done so far.

I will be posting some more pictures later this evening so watch for them.

Thanks to everyone again for the compliments....

Matt

QUOTE=El Salvador;382760]just 10 years ago my little girl was that size.

Matt. Your work is some of the best I have ever seen around. I do lot of reading and web shopping and your stuff is great. I went looking for your other post on the site and I came across a bunch.
I think I want to start saving and see if you can make me a skimmer and Kalk reactor. I would like for them to me small copys of your Skimmer and the same size on your kalk reactor.
Like I said I have 60G cube and a 30G sump. In the future I will up grade to a 200 Gallons tank so I was hopping to get started by getting one of your Skimmers. I would like the best of both worlds. To get it to work on my little tank and then move it to my 180 to 200G tank.

If you can email me or PM me and let me know if you can, that would be great. I have nothing but time so when ever it would be good.
Here is my Email [email protected]
Thank you for everything.[/QUOTE]

Back