overflow placement

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

morgan

commercial coral diver
in your opion where is the best place to put ur over flow in the coner ner on the side or the middle and also internal or external i have to draw up sum planes for a new tank im think 5 ft long by 2ft wide by 2 ft high please ur comments people i dont want to stuff up my tank before it gets built

Hey Morgan...When it comes to a standard overflow, IMO, no way is better than the other. What it all comes down to how you want things. Some people like the look of a center overflow while others prefer it in the corner to give them more space in the center of the tank, and then like me, I put mine on the outside of the tank on the back, so it didn't take up any space at all in the tank. All a personal preferrence. Sounds like a really nice sized tank. Good luck with it:)

Just a thought, if you are having a tank built, why not a full lenght external trough with the outlet over the area of the sump you discharge into?

i too think that it is a personal preference....
why not a full lenght external trough with the outlet over the area of the sump you discharge into?
.....this sounds like a really cool idea though!!!

It personal preference unless you plan on using a wavebox ever. A center overflow is best when a wave box is in mind.

illa have to look in to that trough on the back that would take out alot of crap and not affecdt the inside of the tank
i did think i might like a wave box but if i had one would feel like i would want to run any pwoer hears only the box dose any do this

Back