• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED Pricing/Ordering Instructions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brett - I just hope your unit doesnt get stuck at the customs for few weeks b/c it might arrive in WA in July or August :eek:

I have appologized to you for the delay in private about 3-4 times. I even called you and left the message yesterday. I have responded to every single email in timely manner and was willing to work so you could have your units before Memorial Day weekend. I am sorry - thats not enough.

I never asked for an appology. I asked when I would receive my lights. You still have not answered that question have you?

You had stated you have a friend in customs who will speed things through. I assume this was a lie? Since you just stated my lights could be held up in customs till august.

It's not a matter of no one wanting to do it. We shouldn't have to spend MORE money to get the lights sooner, they are late. We shouldn't have to do anything. I'd still ask him to cover it. I paid him 3k April 4th. At that time I had asked if I could pay to get mine sooner. He said I was top priority as I was the first to buy, and buying the biggest, baddest unit. I offered to pay Express shipping. I was never replied to. I'm not going to offer that now. He attempted to call me last night. I missed his call, but he clearly stated in the email he will not ship any method other than fedex ground and mine is going to be included in that shipment. No way around it.

Don't get your hopes up pal.

I spoke with Rafal yesterday and the units will be coming in on the 25th to Newark, NJ. The extra was a matter of whether we wanted to chip in for expedited shipping to get them next week instead of the week after.

Also Rafal was saying that he hopes things don't get stuck...not about deposits or anything else.

I never asked for an appology. I asked when I would receive my lights. You still have not answered that question have you?

You had stated you have a friend in customs who will speed things through. I assume this was a lie? Since you just stated my lights could be held up in customs till august.

Brett I think you are taking that too seriously. Your stuff won't get stuck in customs.

I spoke with Rafal yesterday and the units will be coming in on the 25th to Newark, NJ. The extra was a matter of whether we wanted to chip in for expedited shipping to get them next week instead of the week after.

Also Rafal was saying that he hopes things don't get stuck...not about deposits or anything else.

A deposit for the original purchase. I spent 3 grand cash. I would have gladly put down 500 and paid the rest once the lights were received.

As per Cy instructions all lights will be shipped to him via Fedex Ground on May 26th unless other arragments are done. As per Fedex website it takes 5 business days. I am not sure when you will be able to pick up from him.

Your assumption is wrong, but also I personaly believe in "karma" :)

I have responded to every single email in timely manner and was willing to work so you could have your units before Memorial Day weekend.

I wasn't even going to bring this up. I don't want to make this situation look any worse for ya, but you cannot sit and bold face lie. I'm not the unreasonable bad guy here. I asked you SEVERAL times after I paid for the lights on APRIL 4th if I could pay extra to get them sooner. Maybe you should check your spam box? NOT ONCE DID YOU RESPOND TO A SINGLE REQUEST UNTIL I RECEIVED A BLANKET EMAIL STATING THE LIGHTS WOULD SHIP MAY 26 AND YOU HAD NO IDEA WHEN WE WOULD RECEIVE THEM. At that time you said you could do it but it would "be triple the price" but I never received that quote either.

I have all the emails, reef frontiers PM's ect. You think I'm going to spend this amount of money and not pay attention? I know what I was told, and I have the proof to back it up.

Yeah I missed your call last night, but I had already read the email. You told me would would NOT ship the lights express. Nothing really to talk about then.

I'm not posting in this thread again.

I will pick up my lights whenever they are ready.

Thank you.

it takes 20 minutes call to resolve the issue. when both parties want to make it happen.

Last edited:
Believe me, I'm anxious as well. All I'm saying is if we can all split the cost...I believe there was 17 orders, that's $23.53 per person. I spend that on lunch and a martini... I would gladly throw that down to get my units faster, especially after the amount that I am saving. It's all good though; if no one wants to do it then we will get it UPS Ground and should take no more than 5 days.

im down, who else is in? or did he ship them ground already?

really all this for results like this

"""just a side note from my personal experience though in regards to LEDs...tread lightly (no pun intended). I've been running aquaillumination units over 12 different reef systems for the last year for work. Reefs vary from softy only to full blown sps (100-900 gallon systems)...i've found that in the long term coral health declines after about 6 months under this type of lighting. Some LPS you see the negative effects within a couple of days or a week. I know it's a nice reduction in lighting costs and chillers etc but i've been pulling units off of tanks and replacing with T5s to combat the growth and health issues associated with LEDs after about a year of use. """"

every one don't have that problem what was his water like and contaminants ?

i read about them and the only bad thing i got is some zoas louse there color .but raising the leds will fix it so i think it was something else. that made his corals fail not saying any thing bad but do a search and you will see lots or happy people using leds long term i got some and have no problems and have gained color

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=213782&st=20

"""just a side note from my personal experience though in regards to LEDs...tread lightly (no pun intended). I've been running aquaillumination units over 12 different reef systems for the last year for work. Reefs vary from softy only to full blown sps (100-900 gallon systems)...i've found that in the long term coral health declines after about 6 months under this type of lighting. Some LPS you see the negative effects within a couple of days or a week. I know it's a nice reduction in lighting costs and chillers etc but i've been pulling units off of tanks and replacing with T5s to combat the growth and health issues associated with LEDs after about a year of use. """"

I'm willing to bet that it was because he was toasting his corals. It's pretty easy to just trun a Metal Halide on and adjust the height to make sure you have the right PAR; however, with LED's it is difficult to know where you are since there is so much range.

+1 lots of happy people with them and one being me
but i did not get aquaillumination i got the cheeper maxpect but am happy with them

I saw this also, but my understanding has been that the new CREE technology is what has pushed the LEDs into being suitable for coral growth and I believe it is pretty new? I may be wrong, I am looking into LED purchase in the fall and have been talking to a few people that are running the cree, one about 4 months and they say there SPS love it!

My thought was the person who is quoted above was likely using the older technology based on the time period, they indicate, they have been using it.

Good news! Hopefully this brings back the smiles. I worked out air cargo through Alaska airlines. Barrier Reef is going to cover the extra cost. This will get the lights here less than 24 hours after Rafal drops them off in Newark. I'll pass on the exact day as soon as Rafal confirms arrival in the states and his drop-off plans.

Dude...Cy...dude...that $50 I was going to give is going to something in the store that day for sure. If there is anything I can do just let me know. You freakin rock!

Thanks J.

Sounds like it will be the 26th that the lights leave Newark for Seattle. The minute this is confirmed I will post. I will be at the airport the second they are ready for pickup and bring them straight back to the shop for distribution. :)

Wow...This does bring a smile to my face!!!Thanks so much for the Extra effort which you definatly did NOT have to put forth..But you did anyway..Thats solid...

ok - few things:

1) warranty and technical support - http://marinetechnicalservicesinc.com

Please remember about the time difference. I am on the east coast.

2) bluetooth - please remember to get external bluetooth.

Brett and Bill - both of you have Phobos 60" - one question - what bluetooth did you guys get and do you have wifi at home?

Last edited:
I've got wifi and I bought the one that you had recommended. Is it looking like the lights firmware may need to be updated?

Back