Pat it forward frag...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am totally game for this, I don't think I can participate yet though. I haven't done my 30 days yet, but will be a member later this week.

Gret idea BTW

Hello guys,

Do any of you that I gave one of the pass if forward gobstopper frags to have any frags ready?

DolphinLVR was #1 on my list, but never got his frag. He just PM'd me that he was interested in picking it up now. I've given out 5 frags to PSAS and don't have any more ready at this moment though, so was thinking if any of you have a frag ready for distribution, I could connect him with one of you guys.

If not, I can grow him out another frag, but its gonna take a bit of time.

Thanks!

Hello guys,

Do any of you that I gave one of the pass if forward gobstopper frags to have any frags ready?

DolphinLVR was #1 on my list, but never got his frag. He just PM'd me that he was interested in picking it up now. I've given out 5 frags to PSAS and don't have any more ready at this moment though, so was thinking if any of you have a frag ready for distribution, I could connect him with one of you guys.

If not, I can grow him out another frag, but its gonna take a bit of time.

Thanks!

No Worries on the time Rob! As I said, I have been extremely busy with work and Family issues, so I am just now starting to get time to dedicate to the tank again. :D

We might be able to frag ours. How many polyps should be on it for a good frag? I will have to go count how many we have.

If eww cannot frag his, I can frag mine. The only thing is, I dont know how to frag it :/ I've never fragged anything except for xenia before

If they are on a frag plug, you can probably just cut part of the plug off with bone cutters. Might need a razor to finish cutting the mat. You can also use a razor and just carefully cut the mat between polyps, then scrape the polyps off (trying to cut below the skin, taking a fine layer of the frag plug/rock with them)

Zoas are pretty resistant.

I was able to get a couple more frags off my mother colony. I'll hook up dolphin, but you guys should get some frags out, as they are pass it forward frags :)

Goal is to get them out to all of PSAS, so we all have designer zoas :)

I try to get some on a plug so I can let the 'mother colony' grow without being fragged. Then as they grow on the second frag plug, you can cut the plug up and get more frags.

You guys have 4 to distribute to psas :) I'll have given out 6 once I hook dolphin up.

Bigblue wants a frag once he gets back from the middle east. If others want, speak up

Not sure if I am going to make it to the meeting this weekend or not. Going to try, but might have to work.

Any of you guys I've given frags to going and have a frag ready to give out yet? DolphinLVR will be there and needs a frag. He was early on my list of 4, but we haven't gotten together yet. I'm up to maybe 6 frags distributed to PSAS now.

Hope you guys are getting them passed forward :)

Unfortunately ours got taken over by GHA in the main DT for a while and i had to move it to the QT which doesn't have the same good lighting so we have not seen a ton of growth. I will see if I can cut a couple off though and bring them up for Jeff. I will try it tonight and post back on here if I will have them or not.

hey eric, read somewhere else on here you had reduced your feeding to once per day to combat algae problems (i think thats what it was.)

I had an autofeeder going every morning and was feeding every other day in the evening, and was having some issues.

I'm now feeding every other day, with no autofeeder, and my tank looks a hundred times better. Now takes 2 months to get the same algae buildup on the glass that I used to get in 5-7 days, and it is still decreasing.

Might want to cut back even further and let some of the food waste get used up.

If I want to do a huge feeding (ie, all the lps, fish, sps, nems, etc.) I also try to schedule that close to water change time, which I've been doing every other week (~15% change)

Sweet Pay it Forward. Always like these things. If anyone ever has a frag available in the northend let me know as I have had good luck with zoanthids and would love to be a pay it forward with these.

Cheers,
Alex

Nice....I tried to do this with my first post here on RF and got it shut down. Something about reducing the chance of drama if someone doesn't follow through.

LOL well you can do it now.. PSAS has a "DONT BREAK THE CHAIN" thing going for anyone who would like to give away corals and havethe next guy do the same.
I guess it's all in how you word it:?!?!?!?

I have bee blessed with good growth on a coral a lot of people want..
I have a EVERLASTING GOBBSTOPPER frag
It has 7 polyps on it.. yes you heard me right 7 polyps..
Cherry corals was selling 3 polyps for 60 bucks..
and I sell these for 25 each polyp

This frag is going a PSAS member that has had there tank running for at least 6 months and has other Zoo's and paly's and shows me proof of membership and at least posts pics of there stuff or I have seen it in person to know these baby's will be cared for..

SECOND, the member MUST Pay forward 4 polyps, (I don't care if they are single and or all in one shot) before selling any to anyone..

here is a pic of the polyps but not the actual frag.

april23068.jpg

Those things are pretty! Ship me some:D

hey eric, read somewhere else on here you had reduced your feeding to once per day to combat algae problems (i think thats what it was.)

I had an autofeeder going every morning and was feeding every other day in the evening, and was having some issues.

I'm now feeding every other day, with no autofeeder, and my tank looks a hundred times better. Now takes 2 months to get the same algae buildup on the glass that I used to get in 5-7 days, and it is still decreasing.

Might want to cut back even further and let some of the food waste get used up.

If I want to do a huge feeding (ie, all the lps, fish, sps, nems, etc.) I also try to schedule that close to water change time, which I've been doing every other week (~15% change)

Don't want to side track this thread but yes, you are right Rob. We cut our feeding back to once a day in the evening. Between that and siphoning the rocks off 1-2 times a week, running the best GFO that BRS offers and water changes every 2 weeks (15-20 gal) our algae is definitely on the decline. We can actually see our rocks now instead of big green fuzz balls.

Back