perfecto vs all-glass

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

artie1209

Any one can tell me why Perfecto Tanks are less expensive than All-Glass. Looking into upgrading to a 120 and there is almost 80 Dollar difference. I am a believer that you do get what you pay for. I was wondering if maybe perfecto in made in the NY area and shipping was cheeper or maybe they use thinner glass than AGA. I just wanted to make sure that if I went with Perfecto would not want any horror stories like leaks or sides blowing out. I do hear a lot of people buying AGA, and Oceanic (too rich for my blood). I have kept reef tanks for almost 20 years I know how we reefers love to show off our stuff, and why not we work hard to make the money to build these beautiful creations and harder to maintain them. just trying to make a smart purchase.

Most of my tanks are Perfecto (90g, 20g, 15g, 5g, 2.5g :D ). The big one I have for 1.5 yrs with no problems so far. No experience with All glass, but what is good with Perfecto - that they are available in chain stores almost everywhere and at least once an year they have sale on them, you can get 210g tank for the usual price of 90g.

i also have severly for 3 years plus now... i cant tell ya ive had em for 20 years...

but seem to be fine...

i also have aga...

(i think the the aga is more sound) just by feel

Back