Plankton Reactor - Plankton Light Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tat2z_21

tat2z_21
So just browsing the old net and came across this. Was wondering if there is anyone out there that has used such a piece of equipment, and what luck thay had attempting to master it. I really think that the idea behind it is awesome and could be beneficial but is the over all "cost to beni's" even worth it. I hate buying the dead lifeless phyto in a can (needless to say lots of money), but this idea just seems to be on to something. Any information out there would be greatly appreciated.

a ling or pics or something would be good man...
i have seen aquamedic has a brine growing thingy maybe u can use it for rotifers not sure

I have seen people make some out of milk jugs. I am not sure how that works but I may do some research. Anyone know how that is done?

I think Vicki uses these.

Question related to phyto, doesnt the use of live DT's skyrocket phosphates?

I don't want to hijack, but for those of you growing phyto, what brands did you start with? Notice any difference between brands? I am not sure what I got, looked like some local phyto farm -not DTs or any of the bigger names. Have the culture going for some time. Was thinking about trying something else to get a different mix of the 3 phyto species I have. Any preferences?

I have looked up a few of the reactors and a few diy reactors. BCT182 brought aup a good point of the phosphates would it indeed add to the phosphate count. Hmmmm one wonders anyone out there have an answer.

Back