Please Don't Trade Red Bugs!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok Thanks they won't ask me to bring him in or anything??? what is the price range usually also?

Most vets will want to see your dog and give him/her a check up. Its unlawful to dispense Interceptor without seeing the animal.

Don

i am not sure if my vet would just give it to me for my tank..they know me pretty well though..i am just going to "misplace" a box here and there and go get a replacement box:badgrin: i actually have lost it in the past and gotten a replacement..i was using Heartguard, but i switched just recently for some strange reason!:D

i dont think i know anyway in wa with redbug im not going to say we dont have this problem in australia but if people do have red bug it would not be on the same scale as theres not as much swaping done here as in america

I do, but I've known this vet. since I was a kid. My vets. have never given me any problem in asking for an interceptor tab and they know exactly what I'm using it for. He was totally interested when I first came to him and told him besides giving it to my whippet for heartworm prevention, what else I wanted it for. I can get a tab anytime I need it.

I think if you explain to the vet. what it's for he should understand and sell you a tab.

Last edited:
I do, but I've known this vet. since I was a kid. My vets. have never given me any problem in asking for an interceptor tab and they know exactly what I'm using it for. He was totally interested when I first came to him and told him besides giving it to my whippet for heartworm prevention, what else I wanted it for. I can get a tab anytime I need it.

I think if you explain to the vet. what it's for he should understand and sell you a tab.

Not around here. They are paranoid or they think your cooking up some sort of street drug.:) Most of the LFS have a sourse as do alot of members, just ask around.

Don

Gabby has a flea problem at the moment. Those red bugs she'd happily welcome with open arms

heck yeah, i'd welcome red bugs anytime instead of having fleas.... you see if i wasn't alergic to the quemical they put everytime they're gonna bite me, i'd be ok with it because i wouldn't feel anything but instead i'm alergic which makes me scratch worse than a dog :p ..... next time you're gonna see me walking with a leash :lol:

COME ON DON'T TRIP JUST DIP.I would like to get some of dangs red bug. They sound famous and I cant see any damage they did to any of his corals

I bought interceptor recently to treat red bugs and I was honest with the vet. I printed out the original treatment plan posted by Dustin Dorton. http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=439155#439155

The vet required that I brought in an infected coral so she could be sure I had the red bugs in the system. She told me it would be illegal for her to prescribe interceptor without first seeing the bugs. After seeing the coral, she prescribed the meds.

I also read all of the posts by Dustin before treating the tank and he states that interceptor was ineffective as a dip because the duration required to kill the bugs was at least 6 hours. Dustin recommends treating the whole system, which I did.

Another guy, Eric Borneman, did research on the bugs and treatment http://www.ericborneman.com/Tegastes-content/Treatment.html and suggests treating in a quarantine tank for 12-24 hours. Then leaving the coral in quarantine for no less than 5 days.

How did you guys hear of dips, because my research tells me otherwise?

I just recently purchased Intercept from my vet. It was very easy, I didn't need to have a physical for my coral first. :lol: But, I have a good relationship with my vet, and my dog is famous in his office, because he's the only dog in his 27 years of practice that he's seen from Wa state (never out of state) to actually have contracted heartworms from here. BTW, the treatments for heartworms, and the recovery time for each treatment are awful for both patient and caretaker (several months of time off and sedation... for both of us).

I can't believe the pills cost almost $10 a piece!!!:mad:

That blows my mind about your vet wanting to look at the coral in question before dispensing interceptor. I was going to also ask if you were charged for it. My vet was so interested when I first approached him about getting some interceptor. He was sitting behind the desk and I explained why I needed it. I have known him since I was in Jr high school and he treated our horses. Now he says he's an old man and it's all he can do to see dogs and cats all day. LOL>.

I can't wait for my chance to get that rare hybrid Tamarind Red Bug!
Dang I only dream of having a tank like Dangs!
Only you are responsible for what you put in your own display!
Qt .... Qt......Qt....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back