PM monster look alike traded at PSAS Frag Swap.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I wondered how everyones frag of look alike responded to being moved. My pieces went back to brown. That is what it did when I first got it. I was hoping those that got it would give me a up to date on how it was doing. My experience on that coral was it was a slow grower. It took about a month then it started turning purple. The higher I moved it. The more purple it became. I placed the coral close to bottom, then gradually moved it higher.
My light bulbs are 400 watt HQI driven XM 10Ks. Please give me a up to date Scott, Dang, Paul, Eric,Todd.
Thanks in Advance,
Ed:)

I own a couple nice colonys of TRUE LE purple monster I frag off of...mine never turn brown...somewhat slow growing, but holds color under any light...really colors up under the VHO aquasun bulbs...

Doc

Shoe-bet-ya

Actually I have an older pic of a medium PM colony up on my e-bay auctions as we speak...please refer there , under username " cameron280 "

If this post is breaking the rules just delete it...I'm not trying to go against rules here...

Take care;
Doc

Doc,
This is the coolest place on the web. I am glad your here! I may buy a piece of your coral.

Yes I was banished beyond belief (lol)..from Reef Central, and all I was doing was helping reefers out..I'm a bit of a experimentalist on my sytems, and have run 100's of tests on products lights, etc etc.,,,and love to help out with my $.02 advice...thats all its worth...lol.......but this place is great! Mountain Dew man is a very good guy and fair owner of the site...

For the record I am a liscensed business, aquacultured frag farm....and I'm not here to peddle my frags...as We are a family (myself, my wife and 7 year old son), home operation, in business many years and well estasblished we sell hundreds of frags per month at times...so business is good....For the record I'm here to discuss learn and share with reefer buddies alike...

I DO NOT WANT TO GET BANNED!!...thats what I'm trying to say...LOL

Well nice to meet you Eddy!!

Doc
Genesis Parrot and Reef

Last edited:
For the record I'm here to discuss learn and share with reefer buddies alike...
I like ya already! You had me at Hello!

LOL...ahhhh a fellow comedian!!...lol...now that was funny....

You sound like one of great reefers I'm here to meet!

But you said you have a PM look alike? Please post a pic if you can...

Later man;
Doc

Cool...nice coral...but no doubt not the real LE PM...but just as nice...I'm not all about the big names but I own alot of RARE and LE named corals...I collect what I like, not a name or price...same of those monti danae's are incredibly overpriced...and things like pink lemonaid acros sell for hundreds for a tiny frag...crazy...lol....snipersps had one of the best LE tanks, but it crashed this summer...felt very bad for Hugo....

Doc

I thought the people that bought a frag of this at Meeting were experienced enough to grow it and keep it alive. So I figured I increased the chances of it being available. I hope you see more of it.

Ed, well I must say I'm glad I came back and forced the larger frag issue. The little tinny frag went by-by, fell off and disappeared. The larger frag appears to be holding up, it has browned a bit but I'm sure it will color up as yours did over time. Thank you for hooking me up with this coral Ed!

Ed:

My frag is still purple, I havn't seen the polyps out in the daytime yet. I may take a peak tonight when the lights go out :)

Paul

ED, I missed out on them frags. Tell you what, I close my eye's and see a brown to purple coral about 8" at base and 12" tall and looking good. I am calling it special ED dancing coral.LOL Where can I get the (monster)

Tracy,
Hopefully you will see more of it around in the future. Special Ed Dancing Coral(lol). If you want the real thing contact Reeferjerm here. He has a few or did.

Back