Poll: How Many plugs/outlets do you use?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

How Many plugs/outlets do you use?

• 1-4

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • 5-9

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 10-14

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • 15-20

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • More than 20!!

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

Krish

RF STAFF
It's probably something alot of people don't even take note of, but have you ever actually sat down and counted how many things you have plugged in to run your aquarium? Now I'm not just talking wall outlets because most of the time, people will just use one wall outlet with a power strip/surge protector or two plugged in to there where all of their equipment then plugs into that. So let's have it... How many actual spots/plugs do you use for your aquarium?

As always, you can state what size tank you have that uses how ever many outlets and if you want to include photos, that's great as well. I've seen some pretty slick looking setups here which people use for the power distribution that might come in handy for others. :)

Thanks to the 37g, 75 and 100g QT tanks my fish are in, I'm using 3 powerstrips 6 outlets per strip. 18 total

We have a power strip with another power strip plugged into it just for the light timers and cooling fans. Then there is a DJ power strip that has everything else plugged in so not counting the power strips being plugged in themselves there are 11. If you count the power strips being plugged int here are 14.

In my family room I have three tanks plugged in. There are two seperate power strips on each tank. The 75 gal has 12 plugs, the 54 gal has 9 plugs and the 90 has 11.

Thanks alot, (you made me look) 14 plugs. And I have been telling my wife my tank dosn't change our power bill that much.

U use 16 8 controlled an 8 regular. The 8 reg is split into 2 banks of 4 outlets. Each bank is a 20amp dedicated circuit

Laurie,

Whoa, if I did my math correctly that is 32 plugs.

And thats just in one room. I have another 4 tanks and 15 or 16 plugs in another room. Two tanks are fresh water and are coming down in the near future.

And no, all those plugs dont affect the electric bill!

I have 22 items plugged into 2 dedicated 20amp circuits on my 240 and 10 items plugged into house circuits/power strip/dj power strips for my 40.
Total = 32.

We all should take our tanks off the grid at the same time to see how large of a power surge we would cause here on the West Coast.

fulkerl said:
We all should take our tanks off the grid at the same time to see how large of a power surge we would cause here on the West Coast.

ROFL :rofl:. Yea some of you guys are running some serious equipment! Even the All-In-Ones take up a bunch! My 24 gal aqua pod when I finished messing with it used 9 plugs!! :eek:

Back