premium membership

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok I Bite!:shock:

Exclusive forums! :)
Email:)
Supporting a wonderful site! :)

All sounds pretty cool. Pretty new here and never had a premium level membership yet, but I would be interested in helping support the site and all your guys' efforts to tweak and improve things. Love this place :) Exclusive forums and email would be sweet perks too.

rob

Currently we are trying to spice up Reef Frontiers, getting it back to what it once was in terms of traffic and unique content. We have a rather large list of Mods/enhancements/features that we want to implement. I think the premium membership idea is something we can use to add some of these plans (as in we will add alot of features to the overll board, but add some neat one to folks that want this service) So keep the ideas coming and we will see what we can put together.

Mike

Contests with prizes, or raffles for premium members only? I would be on board immediately anyways just to show my support and appreciation.:)
Thanks RF!;)

Mike (Mojo) is there any way to show statistics, from the past, when Premium Memberships existed? Statistics that show how many members we had, and how many of those members were Premium Members? It'd be good to see something like that.

I know, I really appreciated my Premium Membership benefits, especially the larger PM box. Other Premium Members really appreciated being able to post more pictures, and larger pictures, in the photo galleries. I actually should have taken more advantage of that!

It would be great to see special forums, available to Premium Members. Maybe Blog pages, which I probably wouldn't be interested in, but others would...lol. Having an IM, Instant Message, capability (different from PM) would also be pretty cool.

Reef Frontiers has always been a really amazing Discussion Board, available for free, with added benefits to Premium Members, also giving our members the ability to help financially support Reef Frontiers. I'm excited to see the return of that ability!!

Really Sid???? Really????? Is their anything else I can do for ya??? Maybe come by and scrub your sump??? Take the kids out on a picnic???

Just kidding:oops: they all sound very doable

Mike

Dog walking

If you are offering dog walking with purchase of premium membership, I want to sign up. His name is Gizmo, her perfers to be walked twice daily, you will need to bring him some treats as he only performs the "business" for a reward. He prefers Applewood smoked bacon but ribeye bones will do in a pinch. Thanks in advance Mojo..
Ichthys

I would love to see the return of the Premium Membership.

I know I might get beat up a little on this one but what are the thoughts on only Premium Members being able to sell things in the selling forum or maybe only Premium Members can have more than 3 selling threads a month? Let's face it, if you are selling more than that then you are making money and why not share a little bit.

I am on a different forum(non reefing) that after 4 selling threads in one year you have to become a premium member or you can't post in the selling forum any longer. That isn't a bad solution either. It tends to eliminate the people who really don't care about the forum.

I don't like the idea of a Premium Only forum because what ends up happening is all the premium members end up staying in there and none of the other reefers can learn from what they have to say. I know people who have been on this forum and others who spent the first 6 months just reading.

I do like the idea of extra PM space.

I would sign up for both, a premium and sponsor. :)

I would love to see the return of the Premium Membership.

I know I might get beat up a little on this one but what are the thoughts on only Premium Members being able to sell things in the selling forum or maybe only Premium Members can have more than 3 selling threads a month? Let's face it, if you are selling more than that then you are making money and why not share a little bit.

I am on a different forum(non reefing) that after 4 selling threads in one year you have to become a premium member or you can't post in the selling forum any longer. That isn't a bad solution either. It tends to eliminate the people who really don't care about the forum.

I don't like the idea of a Premium Only forum because what ends up happening is all the premium members end up staying in there and none of the other reefers can learn from what they have to say. I know people who have been on this forum and others who spent the first 6 months just reading.

I do like the idea of extra PM space.

I would sign up for both, a premium and sponsor. :)

I'm not so sure you'll get beat up over this suggestion. Reserving the Classified Forums, for Premium Members may not be a bad idea! Classified forums have always kind of been meant to be a benefit, for contributing members. This would fit into that description.

Now let's see if we both get beat up!!

When I first found this site, I would not of been interested in paying for the service. I did not know the value of the site and the knowledge at the time. After using the site for 2-3 months I started to really see the value of it.

Basically I guess is what I'm saying since I haven't slept in a day or so is I would pay a few dollars a month to use the site period. I would pay more money to get extra perks on the site, such as email, larger PM storage, and exclusive premium member deals :) That would be cool.

Hope this makes sense.

If I remember correctly, (and that is asking alot), wasn't there an issue with the premium membership raised by a former member here???

I really thought the premium membership was a good thing, we were helping the site, and we also got increased gallery space for our attachments. Plus, it made me feel good just to know I was helping this place. I would love to see it come back, but I guess we will wait and see.

Oh man look what Willis done dragged in now. Hey Charlie you old Coot!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the Last time around I was told that their just wasnt alot folks that acutally did it, so few that it became more of a labor then it was worth, also it was straining the server load.

Personally I still like it. I just think it needs to have enough perks to make it worthwhile for folks to want to do it. As we all know right now times are a little tight, so we have to measure it properly.
Anyway as it stand right now we have a bunch of new stuff in the pipeline so I am looking what would be good adds for premium and what for general population. More PM/pic upload/email is easy, so no problem doing that. But we have more that we want to bring to the table, stuff like Webinars, chats, contests, workshops, tank journals and so on so that is where I am at right now. But it will come back

Mojo

Oh man look what Willis done dragged in now. Hey Charlie you old Coot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that about like the pot calling the kettle black, and to suggest that the door was left open one to many times mojo, well I guess you just gotta live with "this old coot" some more.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How you doin man, it is good to see you around here again my friend, I mean really good!!!!!

I really thought the premium membership was a good thing, we were helping the site, and we also got increased gallery space for our attachments. Plus, it made me feel good just to know I was helping this place. I would love to see it come back, but I guess we will wait and see.

I agree, bring it back.

Back