President of PSAS

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Vicki

Anemone
Okay, here's the first draft of the thread.
Please make comments as to changes needed!

Vicki

President of PSAS

Steven11 has resigned as President of the PSAS.

We need to elect a new President as soon as possible.

Duties of the President include:
The President is responsible for supervision of the club and its officers and is required to fulfill the following tasks. Preside at all meetings of the club and the Board meetings. Appoint any special committees necessary for carrying out the mission of the club. Organize the necessary Board Meetings during the off-season to plan and schedule the upcoming season of events. Perform other duties as his/her office may require. Assist the Event Coordinator as needed.

If you have the interest in fullfilling these duties, please contact me via PM.

Thanks,
Vicki

Any other comments? I'd like to get this posted pretty soon....

Oh, and Bob, the committee part is normal for EVERY President. :)

Vicki

See im not normal !

I thought it should be approved by the BOD, prior to making committees, or anything else? Glad you know this stuff, because I don't.....

Your friend!

Bob

I think it looks great, you have my approval to post.

Sorry I missed the meeting, I was working away and next thing I knew it was 3:30.

It looks good but we need to also post couple of points

1. Nomination process
2. What happens if there're more than 1 nominee
3. The final nominee will have to get the BOD's approval
4. Dates for nomination
5. How to nominate one for president
6. Any candidates within BOD who's shown interest.

The above mentioned points, imho, are necessary so that we get the president who shares the idelogy with the current BOD member and also makes commitment to serve PSAS for the entire year (or else we leave a bad rapport)

It looks good but we need to also post couple of points

1. Nomination process
2. What happens if there're more than 1 nominee
3. The final nominee will have to get the BOD's approval
4. Dates for nomination
5. How to nominate one for president
6. Any candidates within BOD who's shown interest.

The above mentioned points, imho, are necessary so that we get the president who shares the idelogy with the current BOD member and also makes commitment to serve PSAS for the entire year (or else we leave a bad rapport)

Adding the following covers most of the above. I don't feel #3 and #6 are really appropriate. I'd like to give 10 days for nominations, but the date can certainly be changed. We do not have by-laws, so these have been (somewhat) taken from past posts.

Do NOT nominate anyone without their permission.
It is preferable the person nominate themselves or accept if nominated by another.
If there is more than one Nominee, a special election will be held.
The nomination for President will be open until September 27, 2008.

If you have the interest in fulfilling these duties, please post here or contact Vicki via PM.

So Ghazni, is your heart set on the president position? Or should we let Mark have it and you continue as event coordinator? I am thinking the more people the better!

Kris,
Not at all. However, I do want to meet Mark (he's coming tomorrow) and talk to him before making any decision.

Ghazni

Kris,
Not at all. However, I do want to meet Mark (he's coming tomorrow) and talk to him before making any decision.

Ghazni

Sounds good. I have met and dealt with Mark before, I think he would be good for the club, but that is just my opinion.

skimmerwisperer said:
i also think we need to step up the money making part of the club as well, i have several different ideas that might work for psas...

I was talking with Mark a few weeks ago about his time in the BOD. He was very passionate about a few ideas of his for the club. He told me that he didnt get along with the members at the time because they didnt agree with some of his points of view.
He told me (with much passion) that he thinks the club has been going in the complete wrong direction in years past. He totally agrees that it should be non-profit. In doing this, we can get more donations from large vendors etc. and make the raffles far more appealling drawing in more money.
He also feels that the BOD members should be paid for their efforts in order to make the work more appealling to them. Doing this likely wouldnt leave the club with only one or two BOD members as in the years past due to work overload and burnout. Of course, actual money to do this is a whole different issue.
I think that he will bring much passion and good ideas to the BOD and would agree with everything we are doing this year.

Afternoon everyone,

I think the new member needs to have passion, but they also need to be able to work with others and to not talk above others. I never met Mark before, but he left little to nothing of an impression on me.

I can't support him for our President. He has knowledge, but if he can't impress people he doesn't know, what will happen with the others that know him?
Im not being myself right now, because i can't say what i really feel. I know some of you might have friendships with Mark.

Like Duane stated “He had problems before".

Also, I think only paid members should be able to vote. If you can't pay your dues, you shouldn't have a say where the club goes. They have all had the application for 2 weeks or more.

Just my .005 cents.

Also, I think only paid members should be able to vote. If you can't pay your dues, you shouldn't have a say where the club goes. They have all had the application for 2 weeks or more.

I have a question....
The past BODs of PSAS have been granted free membership for the year of service they are currently giving to the PSAS. Does this still stand?

Bob looked at me 'kinda funny' when I handed him my membership application without payment. I just want to be sure I wasn't assuming something that is no longer in existence.

Vicki

I personally think we should pay $30 to become members. This way, we're leading from front and giving money to our club too :)...

I have a question....
The past BODs of PSAS have been granted free membership for the year of service they are currently giving to the PSAS. Does this still stand?

Bob looked at me 'kinda funny' when I handed him my membership application without payment. I just want to be sure I wasn't assuming something that is no longer in existence.

Vicki

That was past practice. I have no problem paying either way. :)

Back