Problem with new sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have a new tube of weldon # 16 for acrylic sheet downstairs that I got from "Nassau Plastics" which I've used and does work well. My problem with my CPR was that I didn't have time to wait for it to cure and setup...I needed a quick fix. Weldon was used to assemble my new sump

Tom, thank you very much for fixing me up with the sump today, it was great meeting you. Look forward to seeing you again.

Ken

Geezee...I am a day late after the minor setback, I am going to do my pluming tonight, and I have the sump sitting on paper towles full looking for leaks right now. I'll let it sit overnight to make sure. It sure was nice to watch the water flow over the baffels instead of around them!! I am going to do my best to get it done tomorrow. It should be an easy process if I get all the plumbing correct.

Ken

Good for you Ken...Glad it all worked out. I think it was really nice of Big T to help you out today. Just goes to show that people here are willing to go that extra step to help another person out. I hope you didn't give him one of those pink bracelets though (LOL)

Yes it was extremely nice of Tom to do what he did. I am usually the one being called on for help, be it computers, electronics, home theater and so forth. I am a pretty self sufficent guy, so it was extra nice to have someone do a favor for me. I could of done it, it would of took me a heck of a lot longer and not turned out as well and I got to meet a nice fellow reefer. "We can get by with a little help from our friends."

ok how in the world did i miss this ???
ohh please tell me you didn't show your bikini to Big T :D
hey you could have shoved that in there, but then again i liked more Steve's idea. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Gabriela, you snooze you lose!! Don't come in here after the fact wanting all the juicy details, you just get busy with the baking!!:D You know I could smell those cinnamon rolls this morning.

We have water flow!!!..... I repeat...We have water flow!!

Now to go do the new fuge......:rolleyes:

The dang ducks flew South for the winter Gab, I better get some goats from Steve...

darn it !!
just when i was hoping you would invite us all for some duck :( ,
but goats are kewl, think about it.. free milk, and if they lack on milk you can always have some tacos LOL

here is a pic of the final product...

new%20sump.jpg
Ok

Last edited:
Wow Ken, that's quite an improvement over the old sump and fuge. Do you have a shot of the old one for comparison? Looks great!

Hey I found one Todd....

old%20sump.jpg

Note in the new setup, the nice space on the left for my calcium reactor...!!

Thanks Krish, It was, and all turned out as planned.. I still have to do the drain pipes from the fuge, the ones in the photo are just temp till tomorrow, I was short a 45 for it.

The only problem is that your baffles are back asswards :D

Looks great dude!!!

Well you had to bring that up didn't you!! Well they still work well, and I don't have any bubbles in the last chamber, the sump is wide enough, and flow is low enough to disperse the bubbles in the baffles. I was going off of Melves site for the baffels. The three like that work good.

Last edited:
Back