Project Frag 20L

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Next you have to get that MX 400 flying:p I couldn't resist after seeing it in the pic of your desk. The tank and stand looks sweeeet!!

*lol* Yeah, but what about my still crached Blade CP pro? Oh and I still have to finish the rebuild on my T-Rex 450XL. *lol* Love them helis just as much as the reefs.

Cheers,
Alex

I know the feeling, I have two really expensive hobbies! You don't even want to know all the airplanes/helis I've got lying around. Also, if you've got the Trex then I guess I'd leave the MX as a paperweight lol. Ok, ok I guess this is another thread for another forum. See you on RC Groups lol

Took a really nice shot of a coral that will be in my frag tank soon. This photo is of the mother colony. Couldn't pass this photo op up. *lol*

It is a Green Pocillopora Damicornis

GreenPocilloporaDamicornis.jpg

I'll have some of these going in today.

Orange Yumas Rics. Gotta love them and they are slow growing too.

IMG_0770.jpg

Received my T5 lights so I just had to test them out yesterday. Very cool indeed, considering all I've ever known has been pcs. *lol*

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

I also put the finishing touches and tested my CPR Aquafuge PS yesterday. Holds water no problem even after having to do a minor repair. *lol*

When testing earlier this week I found 2 cracks at one of the supports that sit on the rim of the tank. You can see the repaired area in the second photo. Doesn't look to shabby and it holds. What can you do, buy a factory second for 50.00 you're bound to have a problem. *lol*

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Hi All,

I must apologize for the delay in any updates. Have had to take it easy on the power tool useage due to a bad wrist. Had 2 carpal tunnel surgeries and still get some bad results when I use power/air tools. *lol*

I shall update and add a few photos of frags by this weekend.

Cheers,
Alex

Okay so had a great Fourth and good times were had but now the building must go on. *lol*

Worked on a light deflector for the aquafuge. Wife complained about the light escaping from the front area. So this is what I came up with... and now she seems happier with it. :Cheese

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Oh yeah, I also started or should I say pretty much finished up a pre skimmer box for the aquafuge PS. I started finishing up the edges this evening (flame polishing) and my little torch ran out of butane. Arrghh, hate when that happens and I don't have any here. *lol* I'll post another photo after I finish it tomorrow too.

Made to fit a MJ1200 nice and snug but not overly snug. *lol*

IMG_1004.jpg

Finished up my Pre-skimmer box. I decided to round the edges and then flame polished them a bit.

I also got some fragging done today and I'll probably start a new thread for available frags this Friday evening. And I finally received my ReefKeeper Lite controller as well, so I'll be working on hooking that up this week too. *lol* The never ending project.

Cheers,
Alex

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

Well got a little distracted this week and just couldn't help myself, I just had to buy these guys. They got delivered this morning and are doing great so far. Already seeing a few frag possibilities. *lol*

Cheers,
Alex

IMG_1150.jpg

I know this is old but I just came across this thread. I just wanted to say very nice job on the stand it looks really nice.

Brian

I know this is old but I just came across this thread. I just wanted to say very nice job on the stand it looks really nice.

Brian

Thank you. It is doing very well and I've actually had the system up and running for a few months now. I'll have to post some more recent photos soon.

Alex

Oh yeah, I also started or should I say pretty much finished up a pre skimmer box for the aquafuge PS. I started finishing up the edges this evening (flame polishing) and my little torch ran out of butane. Arrghh, hate when that happens and I don't have any here. *lol* I'll post another photo after I finish it tomorrow too.

Made to fit a MJ1200 nice and snug but not overly snug. *lol*

IMG_1004.jpg

Think you can make me one of these for my mj1200 on HOB refugium/skimmer? I would greatly appreciate it =)

Back