PSAS April Event

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krisfal

A Day at the Beach

Bring your family and come enjoy a day at a local beach with the PSAS.

This is a kid friendly event!

Saltwater State Park
25205 8th Pl S
Des Moines, WA 98198

Saturday April 17, 2010

1:00 p.m.

We will have prizes to be won, but you will have to earn them. We will be having separate scavenger hunts for kids and adults. Hint: For the Adult Scavenger Hunt you may want to brush up on your scientific names for our local marine life. Cameras are encouraged to record scavenger items finds.

Earth day is April 22nd so we were thinking to do our part for the environment by having a garbage collecting contest with prizes for the most garbage collected and for the most unusual piece of garbage found.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Camera will be in hand :)
Not gonna know any scientific names :(
I'm Sooooo gonna loose that game

I have decided to add part of the common name to make the contest a bit simpler. Kind of a fill in the blank style.

So for example if we were searching for birds the clue would be:

Corvus brachyrhynchos aka American _____________

And if you brought me a picture (or the real thing:shock:) of a crow - you would be right.

After putting together the list I knew I would not be able to do it even though I made the list so I decided to change it up a little.

Also the judges (My husband and I) are not marine biologist, and we do not even play one on TV, so if you get close to the right type of critter you are going to get it right.

Last edited:
Back