PSAS Bob Moore Frag Swap 2013

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The Seattle Sparkler and the Bob Moore stag are different. I have both, but the Stag hasn't been growing well for me so I don't have any to frag unfortunately.

This is why I don't follow trade names. It's even more silly with zoanthids. I threw in three frags the coral that originally came from Bob. I'm just going to call them Bob's Belly Button stags. Just to further confuse things.

Awesome. Duane and I are carpooling plus who knows, and are both tighter on time.

OBD rocks!!!!!
Thanks Trido.

Update on Raffle items:

If you buy a raffle ticket but can’t stay all day to claim your prize:

Write your name, address, and phone number on the ticket stub that you put in the raffle bin. Oceans by Design has agreed to hold onto raffle items that aren't claimed at the event. We will contact you and coordinate with OBD for you to pick up your winnings during their regular business hours.

The Seattle Sparkler and the Bob Moore stag are different. I have both, but the Stag hasn't been growing well for me so I don't have any to frag unfortunately.

The acropora staghorn coral that we call Bob Moore in honor of that kind gentleman, used to be called Steve Elias blue stag. Bob got a piece and it grew out bigtime. Cy started spreading it around for and after Bob. It is a beauty. Seattle sparkler (also beautiful) is a brighter shade of blue with skinnier branches.

Earlier I posted up a response where I asked everyone that plans on bringing a tank to contact me personally. I have a list going for administrative purposes to keep track of who all have contacted me about bringing tanks. I also made a special trip back to the venue a week ago and took down specific dimensions of the kitchen, table space that will be available, and counter space. I wanted to plan out a spot ahead of time for every vendor to see what was left. I have attached a diagram I put together that is drawn to scale. I have made plans to bring an extra platform we'll use as a table (the island highlighted red). It's very sturdy and will easily accommodate six 10g tanks. We also have the counter space available highlighted red. It's not ideal. Tanks there will be in the way, but we will all be rubbing elbows anyway.

KitchenLayout_zps4c30412f.jpg

All table space not highlighted red is already spoken for. Like I said, I have asked everyone to contact me if they're bringing tanks. I am keeping track of the names. I can't help it if someone shows up to the event with their pet elephant and asks me where they can park it. What I mean is, I can save a few people the frustration if I see that we are reaching the absolute max of what we can handle for space. (Please don't bring your elephant, unless you willing to give kiddy rides in the parking lot. :) ) We have three, possibly four, generators scheduled to be there, mine is small but reliable and will be there.

So, we're doing everything we can to make the best of a less than perfect situation. Thanks again to everyone that has volunteered to help set up, tear down, and bring equipment to support the event. And thanks for those that contacted me to let me know they're bringing tanks. We're really happy to have the heart of the hobby represented: the hobbyist and the animals they take care of.

If you're bringing a tank, please try to bring a drop cord if you have one. Mark it well so it doesn't get lost. We'll be running power from all over the building and maybe outside to a generator.

Okay, this is the piece I am thinking about.
Is this a bob moore or a seattle sparkler or something else. I got a piece of this from another old member.

DSC08152.jpg

Here's the list I have for local hobbyists bringing tanks:

Smoknreefr – 10g
Salmonslayer / WA coral – 10g shared
IPisces – 10g
Nemcrazy – Representing the Coldwater Reefers (Should be a really "cool" little tank) hehe..
Nata – Her traveling frag tank

If you don't see your name on the list but it should be there, let me know (via PM preferred so I don't miss it in one of the many threads I'm tracking for the event). I'll update the list as I hear back from people.

Looks like the Sparkler. The tips pop off like a sparkler. Some have 3,4,5 even seen as many as six at the tops. BOB more stag has Branches that have a mind of there own. Mostly single tips. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

I have a few polyps of bowsers and fruitloops to trade if anyone is interested

got to looking and this is the same coral about a year later than the previous pic.
It was really young in the first pic. All those short branches turned into these single long ones.
the 1st pic was under MH's, this is under LED's. Its probably the seattle sparkler. I do have two frags of it I will bring.

DSC09983_zps1f431fa3.jpg

That would be sweet..... That looks more like it. Long skinny branches.. That's really close. The only way to know for sure is if you can track it back to bob or a close friend such as Danno14 or cy or etc

That would be sweet..... That looks more like it. Long skinny branches.. That's really close. The only way to know for sure is if you can track it back to bob or a close friend such as Danno14 or cy or etc

Thats a bob? not a sparkler? or tort. Ill have to post pictures of my tort and my " bob "
then again, maybe I got mine mixed up, i thought the guy I got it from said the branchy one was the Tort, and the stub was the BOB.
pics tomorrow. Then again i'll just leave this thread for the meet.
nvm :D

Not positive, but i heard joe had moved.

Joe was out in your area. He had multiple systems tied together out in a greenhouse. Really cool setup. Like the mad scientist lab I've always wanted. I don't know if he's still there. It was a year or two ago that I picked up coral from him. Anyway, he assured me of the lineage of the coral I was picking up. It's the coral Bob was passing around. Not that names are all that important to me, but I wanted a little piece of history from our region and I was thinking that it would be cool to grow it out and have it be a part of the swap this year. My coral originally looked very much like what IPisces posted up. It's turned a shade of blue all over in my tank. Not like the Cali or Or torts we see around. I'll make sure these are marked well in the club's tank. Then we can all discuss whether it's the real thing.

It's like Antiques Roadshow! Someone can appraise the coral and let me know if Abraham Lincoln actually had this coral in his office tank! Isn't that what they do on the show?

I'll PM you.

sorry for changing the subject.

:focus:

Here is a picture of the original Steve Elias Blue Staghorn we call Bob Moore

6252369720_75464cc668_b.jpg

Looking for a good picture of Seattle Sparkler.
Might have to look through pics in my old Kent 180, had both corals near side by side.

Last edited:
Back