PSAS event - Frag Swap - September 20th 2008

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here is some pics of what I am bringing. I am interested in rics, zoos and leathers.

Attachments

• SWL_4123.jpg
    SWL_4123.jpg
    40.4 KB
this i will bring it with me at the swap meet:
3 -miyagi tort frags,,1 resevered for wallace and the other two still availble
2-strawberry patch monti,,resevered one for jemmie ,other still available
1-tyree ponappe birdnest.
1-tyree cyphasetrea ocillena
1-red table hysen(very nice frag aready encrutched on the rock)

and this frag will be available upon requested only:
blue turaki-2
oregon tort-2
chesterfielddensis-2
krytonite Lokane-1
Redsea Turbinaria-2
Titanium Lokane-2,,,,
granuloza for (resevered one for trido):D

please send me pm ,if interested

Last edited:
oh, right, the flatworms

I was planning on bringing some frags to the frag swap, but I just realized that my tank is infested with brown flatworms, which will probably be a problem for most people.

I've not really worried about the flatworms, because my tank is very high nutrient (no refugium yet) and they do no harm, so I think of them as a problem to solve later. I'm sure people with mature beautiful tanks will not feel the same way.

Would dosing the frag in it's container with flatworm eXit take care of the problem? Possibly a larger than usual dose as it will be only the frag and not the whole tank?

I don't actually have any right now. I could pick some up on the way to the swap, does anyone know if "the fish store" in Seattle carries it? Is there a store somewhere near the swap that would carry it? dare I ask, PetCo?

And for a first-time frag-swapper and first-time buyer - so please forgive the newbie questioning - what ought I bring to this shindig, other than some cash? Are the frags to be swapped already in some sort of travel container or do buyers bring, I dunno, a bucket or something? :lol:

I was planning on bringing some frags to the frag swap, but I just realized that my tank is infested with brown flatworms, which will probably be a problem for most people.

I've not really worried about the flatworms, because my tank is very high nutrient (no refugium yet) and they do no harm, so I think of them as a problem to solve later. I'm sure people with mature beautiful tanks will not feel the same way.

Would dosing the frag in it's container with flatworm eXit take care of the problem? Possibly a larger than usual dose as it will be only the frag and not the whole tank?

I don't actually have any right now. I could pick some up on the way to the swap, does anyone know if "the fish store" in Seattle carries it? Is there a store somewhere near the swap that would carry it? dare I ask, PetCo?

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a few things here that we can dip them in including FW exit if you so desire.

Req.
If you have a small cooler you can bring that. If not the frags you get or bring will be just fine as long as you dont freeze or cook them. ;)

I have some bags and rubber bands if anyone needs.

I also have one frag available of Monti Setosa, price reduced to $45 for a good-sized frag. Please pm if interested.

True Percs Anyone?

I am planning to bring a couple of pairs of my 6 to 8 month old True Percula Clown babies. $20ea. PM me to reserve a pair.

truepercs2qf5.jpg

Parents below

percsinulariaji5.jpg

I open to trades too!
See ya Saturday

kenyas

Do I need to announce anything over here :badgrin:? Our next event is the most popular event (or so I have heard). So start getting those frags ready and make plans

When? Sep 20th

Where? Duane (Trido) place

Address

1525 219th Pl S.W.
Lynnwood, Wa. 98036

Phone # 425-299-1948 (Duane), 425-241-5143 (Ghazni)

Time: 1 pm - 5 pm

Rules of the event:

1. You're not required to bring anything for the event. You can come and buy frags as you desire (no membership required).

2. To sell or trade frags, you need to be PSAS member.

3. You can post on this thread what you've to offer (usually helps)

4. Bring your family by all means. This is a family event.

5. Some people also want to list their equipment so that they can trade. Feel free to post it here and gauge interest. Feel free to bring them along with you.

I will send out evite too and post it on the website.

Anyone interested in Kenya Tree Coral?

Frags to swap or trade

I'm going to bring frags of these:

(2) Cali-Tort $25 or Trades

calitortfragsam4.jpg

(3) Purple Formosa Staghorn 1"-$20, 2"-$25, 3"-$35 or trades

24776981wx4.jpg

(2) Red Ricordias $30 or trades

21qu5.jpg

(2) Super Yellow Turbinaria 1" to 1.5" $20

1820ke6.jpg

i'll be bringing some very bright purple/blue monti digi frags $10 each

a large colony of australian duncans (18 heads) $100 obo or trade

bright orange plate coral (with purple tips under actinic!!) $40

green and bright red christmas favia $40

bright red with green open brain, very nice $40

im just trying to make room in my 15g for more sps!!!:)

anyone happen to have a cpr bakpak they want to trade for some corals???

I've got a cpr bakpack. I'll bring it and see if we can come up with a trade!

Just yell "Frack" and I'll come running!

i'll be bringing some very bright purple/blue monti digi frags $10 each

a large colony of australian duncans (18 heads) $100 obo or trade

bright orange plate coral (with purple tips under actinic!!) $40

green and bright red christmas favia $40

bright red with green open brain, very nice $40

im just trying to make room in my 15g for more sps!!!:)

anyone happen to have a cpr bakpak they want to trade for some corals???

sorry guys...I won't be able to make it. Got home last night and we have a leak in our plumbing form an upstairs bathroom behind the drywall coming downstairs into the kitchen. Got to wait for the plumber. I can't believe it. And the crazy thing is that it's NOT because of my aquarium plumbing!
Have fun

I have to say that was a blast. Thank you Duane for hosting....you have more guts than I do letting that many crazed reefers into your house. Great event and nice to have one in the north end (I know all you southenders hate me for that as you sat in traffic, but it was nice for a change). Thanks to Tracy and Mark for the frags....they are acclimating nicely (all polyps out). I look forward to future meetings. Great to see all the new faces since the last time I came out. Makes me want to come to another meeting. Great job PSAS BOD.

Thanks Reed.

I wanted to be the first to say thanks for all who turned out. Of course Reed beat me to the internet because he lives so close.
Yes, my apologies on behalf of the Wa. DOT for all of those of you from the southend that persevered through the gridlock to get here.
We had members from the southend, peninsula, northend and even one from Eastern Wa. show up to trade corals or just see what was for sale from fellow reefers.
It was alot of fun reminiscing with old members and meeting new members. Of course there is never enough time to talk with everyone in the club for very long. For me, four hours was very quick today. Boy, I sure wish work was this fun and went so quickly.
Thanks for all of the nice tank compliments. I hope the AEFW dip and little presentation will help reefers in the future. Im kinda tired and punchy from a cold so Ill just stop now rather than ramble on.
Again, thanks for coming over today and making this meeting a success.

Also, a special thanks to MtnDewMan for coming over. It was a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for keeping this site so well organized and having it available for us to begin with.

Last edited:
i am having fun and really enjoy today,,meet the old face ,,what a surprise to see MtnDewMan today and a lot of new face,,what agreat turn out,,BOD PSAS keep it up the good work,,,trido you are the man:D

Last edited:
Dang, thank you for the generous gift.

Ben thank you too. Now I really owe you. Literally.

P.S. You forgot your dowflake

Southender here who just got in!! At least it only took 2 hours home as opposed to the 3 hours to get there.

Thanks again Duane for hosting. It was a great time, got to go acclimate corals now!

Back