RavineJK 12G Nano Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ravinejk

Hello, we are new to the area, moving from Northern VA. My wife Liz and I have been in and out of reef aquariums for the last 12 years. Unfortunately, moving around a lot. So. keeping a tank for more then a few years has been a challenge. This go round we are starting with a 12G Nano Reef. Bought this tank used from a fellow reefer in VA, not sure of the brand, but really like the setup with the filtration and components in the back for a clean look. We'll see what kind of coral frags this tank will handle. We are excited to get back in the hobby and meet some new folks.

Scott and Liz

12 G Nano Acrylic (est. 8/12/11)
(2) PC 10,000°K 24W bulbs
(2) ecoxotic Stunner LED Strips with reflectors (Blue and 8K/Blue)
(2) rio+ 200 pumps for circulation and skimmer
(1) Hydor Koralia pump for circulation
Unknown protein skimmmer with a few bio balls, but works well
Heater

Live sand
8 Lbs live rock from saltwatercity

Livestock
Percula clown
Firefish goby
Yellow wathman goby
Flame hawk
Cleaner shrimp + snail/crab cleanup crew
ORA Purple Chalice
Acro
...More TBD

Instant Ocean Reef Crystals
Brightwell Reef Code A and B, Alkaline8.3

035.JPG

038.JPG

042.JPG

043.JPG

Wow!! Love the rockwork!! Is that a single piece or a few stacked? That's a really nice looking nano! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy it here. :)

Welcome to RF BTW! :welcome:

Hey Scott,

It was great meeting you and your crew today....not sure where your girls finished on the overall races though. Like I told you on the other boards that is a great looking nano! Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Seth

Wow!! Love the rockwork!! Is that a single piece or a few stacked? That's a really nice looking nano! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy it here. :)Welcome to RF BTW! :welcome:
Thanks, it 5 pieces put together like two towers with a cap.

Good to meet you too Seth, looks like Kourtneys top score was beaten. That's ok they had a blast. Hopefully well see you at the frag swap.

Back