Re-aquascaping with pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Spent most of yesterday doing some re-aquascaping in my 75. Plan to do the same today in the 46. So far, here's a before and after pic of the 75. Hopefully will be adding pics of the 46 later today or tomorrow.

Before
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mlhamilton/2521205997/

After
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mlhamilton/2522022536/

For some reason, I am unable to add thumbnails using the Manage Attachments feature. I've forgot how to add using the HTML tags. I'll have to refresh my memory on those two features.

Mattleycrue, give your corals what they want and need and they'll grow. Mine still aren't near where I want them...lol.

Just finished re-aquascaping the 46. RBTAs are angry and my pair of Black Occellaris let me know their disdain. I have marks to prove it!! I'll get pics as soon as everything clears up.

Burning2nd, there's a good possibility that they are 2 different light bulbs. I did get new bulbs recently, just not sure if it was between pics or not. I do know that I had my white balance set to a custom white balance on one pic and not on the other, so white balance has some to do with it as well.

Thanks all!! I'm pretty happy with the new look. In the 75, it was MUCH needed. I needed to get my Purple Digitata lower in the tank, since it was growing out the top of the surface. That explains the white tips at the top of it. Although, I got it all below the surface, it's still not really any lower in the tank, as I fragged it quite a bit as well. It also gave me the means to get the rest of my SPS higher in the tank and adding more rock gave me room for more corals...lol. All in all a good thing!! Especially since later that same day, Angie stopped by Kevin's to get a couple Emerald Crabs and surprised me with a Acropora tenuis!!! WooHoo!!

The changes in the 46 weren't as necessary, but gave me the ability to open things up some more for the RBTAs, while allowing me to spread some corals out a bit and add areas for more additions.

I'd guess I now have about 130# of live rock in the 75 and 80# or so in the 46.

Back