Rebirth of the 29 Gallon Bio-Cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Is the mucus dome stuff clear and kind of jelly like?? I have a 6 line and every once in a while I find some jelly type stuff floating around the tank. I got some right now clinging to some rock in the back of the tank that I can't reach unless I take the rock out... I didn't know what/where it might be coming from until I read your post...

I got picked up a shrimp a while back but my 6 line attacked it so no shrimp for now.

Yup, it's clear. It's a mucus tube they make to protect themselves while sleeping. There is no need to remove it. Take a flashlight once the lights are off in the tank and search around for the 6 line. You'll see his sleeping bag if you can find him. :) That must have been a tiny shrimp and a super mean 6 line. I've never had one attack a shrimp...

Ok, lets try this video thing... :)

Also, the anemone moved down and to the left so I have to sit on the other side of the tank to see it, but it's out of the way of where I want to put coral and it's still visible, so all in all not a bad move.

(Click on it and it takes you to photobucket to watch it)

That's the stuff!! kind of weird

It was a larger shrimp and the tank I got him from had some shrimp in it and he left them alone. Not sure what his deal is now. Upgrading to a larger tank soon - maybe try one more when I swap everything to a new tank and see what happens. Maybe he is a little territorial now.

So last night I placed an order from Coral Morphologic - Live Corals (I couldn't help myself!!!) and this morning I picked up from frags from somethingsfishy. The frags I got today opened up within 10-20 min and I'll try to get some pics up later, but my skimmer is still breaking in so microbubbles abound. The frags I got from him are:

Setosa (YAY!!!)
supernatural monapora
blue tip acro
devils armor zoas
KO nightmare zoas (wicked awesome!)
radioactive dragon eyes zoas
whammin watermelon/eagle eyes zoas (not sure exactly which one it is)
and some unidentified yellow/orange w/ green skirt zoas (his pic under actinics)
P1050141.jpg

Here's a pic of the corals I ordered from coralmorphologic:

b4.jpg

c4.jpg

Daytrippers
d4.jpg

Mohawk
h3.jpg

I will definitely be fragging that last one before glueing it to the rockwork since it has 20+ heads and it was PRICEY!

Nice corals. Your growing acros with the stock pc lights?

I'm going to give it a try. :) I might add some strip LEDs at some point (I've always wanted a small maxima clam), but the frags I got are pretty small so I won't be too sad if they don't make it (although I do really love the setosa).

When I had my bc29,I grew everything,but I had 4 ecoxotiic panoramas leds. Dang I been looking for a setosa frag. How much did you get it for?

He gave me a 1/4" square frag for $5. :) ecoxotic seems to have stepped up their game even more now with the new stunner strips. I guess I know what I want for Christmas... I think 2 would be plenty.

These
Ecoxotic Panorama 12W LED Module w/ Transformer
or
these the pro models would be better then the stunner strips
Ecoxotic Panorama Pro LED Module

The stunner strips are much cheaper (by about half), and are significantly smaller/sleeker so I think they'd be easier to add to my existing lighting. I just want a blue/white in front of and behind the stock T5s under the clear cover. Thanks though! Just curious, why do you think they are "better"? Ecoxotic is saying that the stunners are their new technology.

I've never owned stunners,but from what I've read they are used mostly for supplment ligthing. They dont put out as much PAR as the panoramas. I've had them for 9 months they are great. Also I didnt know your tank had T-5s lol. I thought this whole time you ws running PC bulbs

I've never owned stunners,but from what I've read they are used mostly for supplment ligthing. They dont put out as much PAR as the panoramas. I've had them for 9 months they are great. Also I didnt know your tank had T-5s lol. I thought this whole time you ws running PC bulbs

I meant PC, not T5. Sorry. Lol. I just want to add the LEDs as supplimental lighting, so I think they'd be ok. Ecoxotic is saying the stunners are the new version of the panoramas and are easier to install, and better all around. :)

I meant PC, not T5. Sorry. Lol. I just want to add the LEDs as supplimental lighting, so I think they'd be ok. Ecoxotic is saying the stunners are the new version of the panoramas and are easier to install, and better all around. :)

WHere is that article at? The panoramas and stunners both got an upgrade,if thats what you mean. JUst curious . What ever road you decide on. Hope to se some growth :cheer2:

Here's some pics of the new corals!

The zoa rock:
IMG_20111003_195821.jpg

The SPS (2 setosa frags, blue tipped acro, ponape birdsnest, supernatural monti, sunset monti, ziggy stardust monti, pokerstar monti, pink sand dollar monti, and rainbow monti) rock:
IMG_20111003_195748.jpg

Devil's Armor in the front, KO nightmares closed under the starfish
IMG_20111003_195725.jpg

Unknowns opening up
IMG_20111003_195719.jpg

Radioactive Dragon Eyes and Eagle Eyes (or whammin watermelons)
IMG_20111003_195712.jpg

Sorry for the microbubbles. The skimmer is still breaking in.

Back