Reef 35 years old this month

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Paul B

My 100 gallon, reverse undergravel filtered reef is 35 this month so I decided to take some new pictures.
Have a great day.
Paul

Attachments

• Feb 10-3.JPG
    Feb 10-3.JPG
    99 KB
Wow! Congrats on the awesome acheivement!!! You must be doing something right :) lol... I love the gorgonians, and of course your Moorish Idol. How old is your oldest fish??

Becky, unfortunately the oldest fish was a cusk eel which is a bright yellow eel looking thing about 5" long I killed it by accident, it was 18 years old. The oldest one now is the clown. I don't keep records anymore but it is over ten years old.
He is in one of those pictures.
Paul

Nice tank again Paul! Amazing accomplishment! You've had your tank up and running 7 years before I was born! Keep up the good work:)

Krish, I remember that day when you were born, I think I was changing the water.
Paul

Dabears, I have no Idea what kind of clown that it. I was hoping you could tell me. I never seen one like it. I bought it when it was very young and I thought it was a flame hawhfish, then as it aged I knew it was a clown.
I have a close up of it somewhere.
Paul

Well thats what i have ...I dont see them often but here is a photo of mine at home...LOL

Last edited:
Thats it. I have been looking at this fish for ten years and I have never seen another one. Thanks for the info. A fire clown, who would have thought.
Paul

Sweet paul , Its like there is not many out there.Because i bought mine 2 years ago. And have not seen 1 in a LFS or in anyone's tank online.So Salute`.And i don't know how nice yours is but mine is very dominant...I think he needs a woman...LOL>>>:)

Last edited:
Daytonaconnecti, The secret to a happy reef is a happy wife. You need some quiet time for this stuff, also a reverse UG filter, some NSW and two more things, one is you should go to a muddy beach at low tide and pick up rocks, swirl them in a bucket of seawater, pick out the crabs and dump in all the creatures (I know, not everyone can do that) the other thing is to powerwash the rock a few times a year with a canister or diatom filter with a restriction on the hose to give you a strong stream. Oh and live food like black worms that you have to feed "Selcon".
A little luck helps.
Paul

Back