Reeftopia Group Order

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

flugelnuss

Clownfish
Anyone want to get in on this? I want to get 4 lettuce nudibranchs at the lot price of $24, but can't really get anything else. Free shipping for orders over $120.

Thanks!

Jeff

I am interested in about $50 or so worth of snails and peppermint shrimp. When would you be ordering?

I'm probably planning on ordering some time in the next 10 days or so. $120 free shipping and I think that it is an additional 10% off anything over $200. I'm thinking of maybe getting some more snails and maybe scarlett hermits as well.

Jeff

Just saw that they have a $10 fuel surcharge tacked on-top of the order now. Can't say I blame them though.

On the bright side, it looks like they have the large peppermint shrimps in stock at the moment. Don't know how long these will be available though. From what I see from the last group order, these were tough getting in.

Jeff

Looks like this is a go :) Cool.

I'm good with my critters at the moment, though.

- Ilham

It does look like a go! Now we need to figure out the logistics of this order. Anyone want to volunteer any services? ;) As long as it is done in the next 14 days, I won't be too busy at work. I'd probably have to take a day off and wait for the shipment to come in though. Or I could have it delivered to work. I live in West Seattle and work across from Qwest Field. Anyone not working on a weekday?

Jeff

I'm off on Fridays but live in Lynnwood so dont know how convenient it would be. On multiple orders like that, how does it work if a bunch of people order the same kind of snails? Is the lucky order receiver counting out 300 snails into individuals bags or what?

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to part out the order. It doesn't look that huge... yet! Lynnwood isn't too far for me, but I don't know about anyone else. If you want, I can always pick up for any southenders and meet in Seattle. Friday wouldn't be too bad of a day either. Any and all other ideas are welcome!

How did the last group buy go about the order? Did one person pay up front and everyone paid them back? Or did everyone send money to the orderer so that they would reserve their livestock and the orderer didn't get stuck with something that someone wound up not picking up for whatever reason?

Jeff

The orders always show up here first thing in the morning; 9:30ish. I could meet someone in Seattle at Northgate around noon to take charge of the Seattle area folks and I see the mean mean shark guy is in Lynnwood also....

whatever works, I dont need very much (my tank is so stuffed) but need some shrimp and snails

Oh and I dont know how the other order went I didn't end up participating. I'd assume one person has to pay and everyone pays them via PayPal or something. In advance would be good so you aren't stuck with 200 snails or something... :)

My wife works in Northgate a couple of blocks south of the mall. I can take the bus up there to meet you and then steal the car to make a rendezvous back to Seattle for any southenders to pick up. That way, I can still work half the day and not feel bad for taking time off!

I like the idea of paying via paypal, check, or money order first so that everyone has a vested interest without blindly ordering. It only takes a day to mail a check to whoever in Washington, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Jeff

I handled the other order a couple of months ago. It got pretty big in the end :eek: . I just paid it up front and everyone came with cash in hand to pick up. Reeftopia will package your order in prenumbered bags if you just let them know your counts. For example, if you are ordering 300 astrea snails for 6 different people, just tell them you want them bagged up as 25, 75, 50, 50 and 100. It made distribution very easy. They are very nice to work with!

Susie

Oh that's cool Susie. I wondered about that....

Hows the leathers? Was the finger leather frag decent? When I went to cut it it closed so much I couldn't tell. What's left looks huge still if it seems small you can have more next time we are at a meeting together or something.

Thanks Susie! Did you end up just making the order on the phone or online? I think if we make the order online we qualify for the additional 10% off, which would more than cover that $10 extra fuel surcharge. But if it makes it easier on the order, then probably calling it in wouldn't be a bad idea! Also, did everyone wind up picking it up the same day? Did everything go smooth?

Thanks,

Jeff

Tangee said:
I handled the other order a couple of months ago. It got pretty big in the end :eek: . I just paid it up front and everyone came with cash in hand to pick up. Reeftopia will package your order in prenumbered bags if you just let them know your counts. For example, if you are ordering 300 astrea snails for 6 different people, just tell them you want them bagged up as 25, 75, 50, 50 and 100. It made distribution very easy. They are very nice to work with!

Susie

Ditto what Susie said :) And thanks again Susie for doing many of us a favor by doing the last order.

- Ilham

They only give you the extra 10% off if you make the order online, but there is a comment section where you can list how you want everything divided up, even if they are priced from the "lot" section. It's definately worth doing it this way, if you have any concerns or special requests you can just call or email Edie at Reeftopia ahead of time and she is a big help.

I think about 80% of those who ordered picked up that day. It was a lot of fun, like a spontaneous club party that I was actually free to attend! Ilham and Aaron really did most of the work with sorting everything out, checking off lists and making sure everyone was covered (as soon as the Transformer was transformed :lol: :p :lol: ) They each also took a couple of orders back to Seattle for those who couldn't make it that day. It all worked out great.

Now I'm starting to wonder what kind of late-summer goodies they might have.....

Susie

Tangee said:
Ilham and Aaron really did most of the work with sorting everything out, checking off lists and making sure everyone was covered (as soon as the Transformer was transformed :lol: :p :lol: ) Now I'm starting to wonder what kind of late-summer goodies they might have.....

Susie

Hah! I mean c'mon, I pick Chase and Computron over the Ninja Turtles any day.... :p

Ok, just ask Brodie :)

- Ilham

Back