Reeftopia Group Order

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Flugelness - would they let you get a delivery like that at work? Since you are so close, we could all meet at Pyramid for lunch, and get our stuff then ...

On a side note - I could be home to receive an order on Thursday, Sept 22, but I have to leave the house no later than 3:00pm that day (stuff at the kids' high school), and would probably not be available for pick-ups that evening.

I can receive a delivery like that at work. I don't know about distributing stuff at Pyramid though. Somebody would need to come and pick me up at work. I take the bus and the box(es) will probably be large and that would be a long walk with them to Pyramid! I'm on the other side of Qwest Field (east) and Pyramid is on the west side of Safeco field. I'd rather take the day off and have it delivered to my condo if that makes it easier. Plus I'd feel safer with them at my home rather than in a parking lot against the elements! Who knows if it will be raining and how cold it might be!

Keep the ideas coming!

Jeff

Oh well - the thought of snails and beer was nice while it lasted ...
I figured that Pyramid was an easy-to-find location with parking. Too bad you don't work close enough.

On a separate note - will you be placing and receiving the order then? I have about $55 worth of snails that I want. We probably need to set a drop-dead date for getting included in the order, as well as a delivery date. As I mentioned, I am clear until 3:00 on Thursday of next week, (and could be the order receiver if necessary). I could probably manage to pick up the snails from you (or somebody else in the Seattle area) on any of the other days, but my available times vary from day to day.

Beer and snails... mmmm..... hmmm? ;) I like the beer idea, although mixed with snails...? I walk by Pyramid all the time and if there is a game, they usually have the parking lot closed off for the beer garden..... mmmmm... beer garden.. :)

The only thing that cripples me is that I am without a car. We only have 1 car and my wife takes it to work each day. The good thing is that my schedule is pretty flexible starting next week until about the last couple of days of the month.

I don't think that we have decided at all when the order is going to be made and who will make it. I think we're still in the stages of this plan. Thursday of next week wouldn't be a bad idea. Is everyone going to the frag swap? Maybe we could work out something like starting an order form there and have people bring money for their order?

Jeff

Unfortunately, I won't be at the frag trade (we are also a one-car family, and my wife is taking a bunch of high-school kids to a Gorge concert that day).

If you want money before next week, I could bring you a check at your work.

If you want me to place the order (for Thursday delivery), I can do that also. Let me know what you guys decide at the Frag Swap.

(Sure would have liked meeting at pyramid, though ...)

I'd be willing to get $20 worth of Turbo snails, only if they are the larger Mexican ones. Do they only sell the smaller Astrea ones?

I think they only have the astreas. Alright, the frag swap was fun and all. Got a sick tricolor from Dang and some nice zoas from Angela, but didn't get to talk to anybody about this order!

I want to try and finalize this order by Monday evening. Let's say 6pm.

Don - Would you like to place the order and/or arrange the thursday delivery?

Everyone who wants to get in on this, please PM me your order to me by Monday evening so that we can place an order on Tuesday or Wednesday for Thursday delivery.

Colleen - If we can't get it in by that time, can we have it delivered to your place on Friday? I can meet you in Northgate at noon to take over the rest of the order for the southenders.

Let me know!

Jeff

Sounds good. I'll plan on placing the order (with the list I get from you Monday night) on Tuesday, for Thursday delivery. That will give us Wednesday in case there are any details with reeftopia that need to be worked out.

I live just a bit northeast of the UW (for Thursday pick-up purposes), but need to leave my house by 3:00 to get over to my son's cross-country meet.

Here's what I want, I can Paypal or pay when I pick up. Or if there ia 120 bucks worth on the northend we could do a sep order.
Let me know
150 Hermit, Micro Blueleg (150 @ .22 Each) 33.00
4 Nudibranch, Lettuce - (4 @ 6.00 Each) 24.00
4 EXTRA LARGE Peppermint Shrimp Price: $6.00 Each 24.00

Yep, they only have the smaller astrea snails. So I may want to get two or three emerald crabs for some GHA. If these get ordered on Tuesday, would I have to pick 'em up on Thursday before 3:00 pm?

Ugla said:
Here's what I want, I can Paypal or pay when I pick up. Or if there ia 120 bucks worth on the northend we could do a sep order.
Let me know
150 Hermit, Micro Blueleg (150 @ .22 Each) 33.00
4 Nudibranch, Lettuce - (4 @ 6.00 Each) 24.00
4 EXTRA LARGE Peppermint Shrimp Price: $6.00 Each 24.00

At this point, I think it might be easier to just pay when you pick up.

Thanks,

Jeff

Blazer88 said:
Yep, they only have the smaller astrea snails. So I may want to get two or three emerald crabs for some GHA. If these get ordered on Tuesday, would I have to pick 'em up on Thursday before 3:00 pm?

You don't have to pick them up before 3pm. I'll get pick up the order from Don so that you can pick them up from me anytime later in the evening. If you have time though, Don will have them before then.

Jeff

Unfortunately, I can't hang around much past 3:00 on Thursday - a high-school cross-country meet followed by a parent night at the high school.

So - it might be best if we figure out who will be picking up at my house (just northeast of UW) before 3:00 Thursday, and who will be doing a later pick-up in West Seattle.

Flugelnuss - any guess yet what time you would be by to pick up the stuff? And by bus or will you be driving? If you take the bus, I am about 2-1/2 blocks from the 71 bus route. (closer to others, but that would require transfers) I have an assortment of insulated box sizes, so you wouldn't need to lug the big box the order will probably come in.

You can put me down for 2 emerald crabs. My wife works at UW so I'm hoping to have her pick 'em up. If not, I'll just take off work early. I'd rather pick them up before three than have to drive to West Seattle in the evening. Do I just pay when I pick them up?

Don - I'll probably take off of work at like noon and take a bus to Northgate to pick up the car. I should be at your place at like 1 or 2 pm.

Blazer88 - I have you down for 2 emerald crabs. You can just pick them up at Don's place if you get there before I leave. Just pay whoever you are picking up the order from.

Jeff

Sounds good Jeff. I'm trying to arrange to work from home that day so I can be there eariler to pick up. Thanks again.

There's still time for anyone who wants to get in on this order. It will go in tomorrow (Tuesday 9/20) morning. Get me your lists by tonight so that we will have it ready to place tomorrow morning. They are located in Florida, so Eastern Standard Time!

Jeff

The order is going in. Things are getting finalized. If anyone wants to add on that hasn't done so, this is the time!

We've already exceeded the $120 for the free shipping and the $200 for the additional 10% off! There will be a bonus gift since we are having it drop shipped for a Thursday arrival!

This is going a lot smoother than I could have imagined!

Thanks for everyone involved in the order!

Jeff

You spoke too soon, Jeff. I just got an e-mail from Reeftopia - the hurricane in Florida is messing with them a bit, and they suggest putting the order off a week. They don't expect to be able to ship anything tomorrow (Wednesday, for Thursday delivery), and will be playing catch-up for Friday delivery. How do people feel about delivery next Tuesday? I can be here all day for pick-ups then. (but we wouldn't get the free snails to split :( ).

Back