Running a fish tank without arms or legs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That slug, or whatever it is, is incredible. What is it, and where can I find one? Good job on the tank looks great.

So... My good friend Todd came over the other day and we did a complete change of my tank. We pulled out all the sand, all the rocks, all the corals and completely cleaned it out. We put brand-new sand in there so it looks sparkly white and clean. It's absolutely amazing the changes that its been. It's almost like I have a brand-new tank again.

THANKS TODD!

Brendons 28 Bio-cube redo

Hey Brendon here is some pics of our project.

Story: Brendon has been fighting hair algae & cyano for quite a while now. I/we added a Hydor Nano for extra flow, upgraded lighting with a kit from Nano-tuners as well as a In-Tank Fuge and submersible light. The last big project was replacing all the silica sand with live Carib-Sea fine coral sand. Cleaning and reaquascaping an all day project even on a nano tank.

Your Friend, Todd

that looks really good !! Great job guys . Hows the sea cucumber
like his re-model? Does he sift the sand at all ?

It's been a long time since I've done an update because I haven't had a camera. But... now I do again. Wait till you see some of the pictures that I just took! they look absolutely amazing! Hopefully I'll get them up by the end of the day. It takes a little while to upload them.

Pic updates... tease

Here is a tease of pics that were taken right after a little cleaning and adding of some corals/zoas from Caitlen (saltwaterfishes) & (JasonD)

IMGP2293.jpg

IMGP2294.jpg

IMGP2295.jpg

IMGP2296.jpg

and if you notice on this last photo that Brendon doesn't go for just any clowns not even Picassos or Platinums he has the VERY Unique and Rare 2-Faced Occ:eek:

glad to have you here... and glad 2 see your doing right..

lil concerned about a baby blue powder in a 30 but ill move past that... I take it you dont want to hear lessons on life from me, so ill spare you the propaganda,

just remember everything here (in your tank) happens on a different time scale, so work slowly, and do things even slower... keep your water clean and all will be good...

glad 2 have you,

that is a ocellaris clown fish.. the double headed one i think you see is a glass effect with the cammra... but if not and you have a doubled headed clown.. i think you should call the science peoples you might be in the money now

lil concerned about a baby blue powder in a 30 but ill move past that... I take it you dont want to hear lessons on life from me

just remember everything here (in your tank) happens on a different time scale, so work slowly, and do things even slower... keep your water clean and all will be good...

glad 2 have you,

well I got it from my neighbor girls for Christmas. A nine-year-old, 8-year-old, six-year-old, and a five-year-old. Hopefully you don't mind if I keep it. lol. If I gave it to you for free it would break their hearts. So for now I think I'll go ahead and keep it in my tank.

oh no problem.. just saying thats a tang.. that fish can grow to about 14" and weight some good weight, not only that but it will require Feet of swimming space in some time,

feed it well.. it looks small, juvenile powders, eat small food in the water, but that one looks big enough, you said it eat some nori? thats also good.. make sure you give it small amounts frequently...

good luck,

Brendon,
I've only recently found your thread, and I'm very impressed at what you've been able to accomplish with your difficulties. A friend of mine was recently paralyzed and is now a parapalegic. He does have some use of his arms, and is growing stronger with physical therapy.

Could you please tell us more about how you take care of your tank, and what all you have in it?

Its inspirational to me to know more about your tank.

Thanks,

Nick

Back