Salmon eggs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Damsel13

Hi Lee,

PaulB posted in advanced topics about salmon eggs. This sounds like a really good alternative for my omnivores . I was wondering if you had an opinion on salmon eggs?

Thanks in advance

P.S. About 6 mo. ago I wrote to you about the deterioration of the fins on my yellow tang. You told me that it was possible for the fish to regrow the fins quite easily IF fed properly (99% seaweed diet for one) and reducing the stressors in my tank. I followed up my original post with an update that the fish was doing much better however over the ensuing months the top fin only (it was top and bottom before) has continued to get smaller. In my next post I will include some pictures. I am on a mission (again) to get the nitrate in my tank to lower levels but I am concerned that noise pollution could be a serious stressor for my tang. Any thoughts?

Yes to what dang said YUMMY. I use them every now and then. Have a bunch in the freeeeezer.
PS BEWARE they will blow the lid off your skimmmer.

Thanks for posting Deb. The salmon eggs are a very good source of nutrition. Like all foods, you don't want to feed these to the exclusion of other foods.

If the eggs were obtained and offered for human consumption, be aware of the use of preservatives and additives. True marine fish roe (eggs) without additives is a top food.

The fish looks healthy. The photos show that. However, I'd like to see the dorsal fin area up close. The tips of the spines almost have a deformed look to them.

I'm unsure about what you mean about 'noise' pollution. Are you referring to vibration on the tank? Although there has been such speculation, it's hard to show that vibration that remains fairly steady has an adverse affect on our ornamental marine fishes. However, if this were true, I'd still have a hard time saying the noise would only affect a part of the fish, and not the fish as a whole.

Maybe we should review:
1. tank mates
2. tank/system info
3. was it a perfect fish when acquired originally?
4. when was the first time you noticed the deterioration (if it was whole at the start)
5. have you checked for any electrical 'leakage?' any chemical poisons?

:)

If it's table salt, sodium chloride, no problem (even if iodized).

They don't add preservatives in Ikura if you buy it at mutual fish ( great fresh fish there!).

Back