Saying good bye to burrfish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Paul B

I feel bad but I have to say good bye to this little guy. I am donating him monday to a public aquarium on Eastern Long Island, Atlantis Marine World.
I collected him over two years ago and he is a great fish. Unfortunately, he has grown to almost 5" from this picture when he was the size of a marble.
He is in a 12 or 15 gallon tank and I want to take down that tank for now.
The Aquarium has a large puffer display and he may go in there. I am sure he will be happier in a multi thousand gallon tank than where he is.
Their northern range is Chesepeke Bay and he must have drifted up on the Gulf Stream.:(

boxfish007-1.jpg

Be happy man. How many of these dudes would have been flushed if someone else found them. He's moving on to bigger digs.

Mike

I hate to say this, but I think I see a tear under his eye, unless it's just a reflection on the screen.
I sure miss the one I had. He use to jump into to the four inch overflow tube, puff up and went I
hear the filters go dry I would shut them off, pop him out and feed him. Had to put a screen on the
tube because I was feeding him up to four times a day.

He is gone. I brought him to the aquarium this morning. They don't know if they will display it or give it to another aquarium. They are afraid that burrfish are very prone to ich.
They are, but not from my tank. I have had him for over 2 years and my fish do not get ich. Besides he has never been in a tank with other fish since I got him in the Atlantic.
All fish will get ich if they are not in perfect shape

He is better off. All the stuff in his tank was now transfered to this tiny tank. It is just local snails and shrimp
smalltank.jpg

Back