Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small update, yesterday I applied the first coat on the internal framing, this morning it looks really nice, can't wait to move the stand into the home, if anything just to say I have something to show for it.

Small update, yesterday I applied the first coat on the internal framing, this morning it looks really nice, can't wait to move the stand into the home, if anything just to say I have something to show for it.

Sounds good Scooter! Don't sit it in house too long and cause it to end up being used as a bookshelf:p

Just ordered one of the pumps, seems sequence has changed the bodies on these, so I wanted to see one & how well it works before buying more.:confused:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#e5e5e5><TD align=left>4200</TD><TD align=middle>600-4200gph</TD><TD align=middle>2820gph</TD><TD align=middle>180W</TD><TD align=middle>1.2A/135W</TD><TD align=middle>12'</TD><TD align=middle>2.0"/1.5"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You may have to start up a new thread on that one Scooter so you can get more feedback! If I ever went with a "real" closed loop (my mag950 was a sissy one:p) ) I would have used a Sequence pump. They seem to be pretty popular:)

2400 gph @ 8ft or 4200 gph @ "0" head!
I guess to stay competitive they change their motors around, these are the same motors but different housings, seems less effective on cooling but really may not be needed because of the enclosed cooling, look @ the power usage for gph, 180w is super.

Cool beans on your setup and pump Scooty. The tank is coming along real nice too. I wouldn't worry about that new pump from sequence, they have a wonderful reputation. That stand and canopy look cool, are you going to have the corner of the tank closed off?

big t said:
That stand and canopy look cool, are you going to have the corner of the tank closed off?

Actually the stand is 32" deep, so I'll leave room for a trim molding of some sorts on the stand top where the tank sits, & the back corner will be covered to hide the tank back, the front vertical 2x4 will be wrapped in a thin oak & trimmed with a small molding also. Well that is my plan It is a matter of finding the materials, so this would allow viewing from the side also. The room it is going in will only allow for that much viewing area anyways. I wanted to make it so I could open up the entire front hood, I estimated mounting the Luminarc III's leaving the bottom edge of the reflector about 5 inches off the water. Like I said, once I'm through I could redesign this stand/hood/storage a lot easier to make with less structural 2x4's. I'm sorta building as I design even though I had the basic concept in place I was too lazy to draw it up in Auto Cad, it will be bullet proof :D

Tonight I'll caulk the interior floor around the 2x4's & cover the screw hole's then tomorrow put the final interior epoxy paint. Then I'll need a Mac truck with a crane to get it inside before I wrap it in that heavy 3/4" Oak, I looked for the 1/4" but that isn't easy to get around here for some reason but before I do any cutting I'll go to a few more places to see what I can get maybe, I figure the only 3/4" I need will be the top where the tank sits. By the time I get the MBV this week, the Pump next week, I'll be going nutz wanting to see that awesome tank!:)

Well the tank is basically done, I am just working on polishing it out. I spent a lot of time on the corners lol, but it dosn't look like they will even be exposed. Anyway you should have it soon.

The corners will be viewable so your hard work will be much apprechiated.
Tom, looks like the acrylic shavings from that router had you about covered, now I know what you mean about a mess to work with.:eek: Dood that stuff looks bad!

Looks like it will hold some salty water really well :)

Tell me what kind of router bit you need & I'll send you a replacement, all that mess you've had to burn it up by now LOL!;) Looks like Snow!:lol: That Glue Joint looks like it came out nice BTW.

Sequence uses a variety of motors, my Dart has an AO Smith motor on it. I think they also use Baldor motors

The 4200's have the Baldor on them from what I read when I ordered the first one. Charlie You may need to come over & help me glue that MBV together :D Then we can go to the Talladega race & see the New pavement & Jr run on it! :)

looks nice Scooty...and BigT....love the photo of you covered in acrylic shavings...:lol:

MikeS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back